Newbie Seeking Lindy Advice...Please!

obsessed1

Jun 9, 2013
Hello Lovely PF members,

I was introduced to the wonderful world of H last May by my DH, who managed to get his hands on a Black K32. I quickly became obsessed with the quality, style and timelessness of all that is Hermes. This year he ordered me a Orange Lindy 30, as he knew that I had fallen hard for the Lindy. However, when the bag came in he decided that if he was going to buy me another H bag that it would be a B. And he ordered me a Orange B 30, which may or may not come to fruition.

Last week on H.ca I came across a Orange Lindy 30 and a Turquoise Lindy 30. I purchased the Turquoise as it is a colour which I have never seen before offered online before. After telling DH about the order he said "why didn't you go for the orange?" as he believes that I should have at least one Orange H bag and that would open the doors wide open with regards to colour for the B. The bag arrived today and it is beautiful and I am torn. Should I keep the Turquoise and go for the Orange? The Orange is no longer available but I called H.ca last week and they said that I could return it and when they get another Orange Lindy they will call me first. My wardrobe is pretty neutral so either bag would work Can I rock the Turquoise in the Winter?

I have included a picture of the bag, which does not do the true colour of the bag justice as it is not as flat as it appears...Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated as unfortunately no one within my circle of friends has an appreciation for Hermes.

Attachments

• image(1).jpeg
    image(1).jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 593
Hi Obsessed1,
I think you should keep it. Seems like you liked it best at first sight. Thats what you should go for. Always get what you love, you are only questioning you decision after your DH made you question it. You dont have to own an orange H. All colors are lovely. Get what you love. Congrats and good luck!

If your DH ordered an orange B30, then why not keep the turquoise Lindy. Does this color make your heart sing? You have to love it since you'll be the one carrying it. If you're unsure then return it but if you love it then keep it. H bags are too much money to keep it if you don't love it. It'll just sit in your closet.

I usually prefer to get different H bags in different colors. That said I do have 2 orange H bags and a feu H bag (brighter shade of orange). :P

LOL I saw this turquoise Lindy on H.ca that day too and even sent my DH the link. Just yesterday I was still blaming him for not purchasing this beauty for me before it was gone. Now I know where it is :biggrin: LOL

I'd say keep it. Based on what you said I have a strong feeling that your DH will get you that orange B30 eventually.

I have a blue de gallice in lindy and MIL has a feu in lindy. I believe they are very different. I am never an orange gal so I love my blue, vice versa with MIL.

Ultimately I think it come down to how you can incorporate the piece with your wardrobe.

I think (others, please correct me if I'm wrong) that orange is generally available, while turquoise is more likely to be a one-season color. Therefore, you'd be more likely to be able to pick up an orange bag in the future. If you love the turquoise, keep it! And while brights are sometimes thought not to be winter-friendly, those rules are changing. If we can wear black with navy and white pants after Labor Day, why not? :biggrin:

I think (others, please correct me if I'm wrong) that orange is generally available, while turquoise is more likely to be a one-season color. Therefore, you'd be more likely to be able to pick up an orange bag in the future. If you love the turquoise, keep it! And while brights are sometimes thought not to be winter-friendly, those rules are changing. If we can wear black with navy and white pants after Labor Day, why not? :biggrin:

I completely agree!

If it were me, and I was not crazy about orange but DH felt that I should have 1 orange Hermes bag, I would go for something like the Evelyne in orange. That Lindy is gorgeous, and imo for a Birkin you should pick the color of your choice.

Keep it! Turquoise is a beautiful, limited color that matches everything. Especially since the Lindy is a more casual bag that you can easily bring on vacation too. I have an orange B and while I love it to pieces, it doesn't go with everything especially if I wear colors. For your B, you should pick the color you love. H does orange so beautifully but if you don't like orange, then you may not use the B so much which would be a shame.

turquoise is beautiful and for me it is an all year round colour. it will look beautiful against dark colour winter texture. people wear white in winter without hesitance these days, those dark winter days are over. you will receive an orange one day, keep turquoise the seasonal colour.