Newbie-Roady question

aluzio

Jul 23, 2007
Hi Everyone,

New to this designer but I love the Roady style bag. I'm thinking of getting one but I noticed the handle is a rolled handle like the LV Artsy bag that I have and I find the handle uncomfortable on my shoulder. Is the Roady handle hard on the shoulder? thnx:biggrin:

IMO it is. Got mine in the NYC boutique and you can customize the handle in that boutique. I changed my black one for an off white lizard. My DD got a pink ostrich handle.

I also have the Roady (textured lamb's leather) and I found the handle to be very comfortable on my shoulder. The bag itself is pretty lightweight, so it all depends on what you carry inside. If you carry a lot of larger, heavier items, it may start to feel a little bit heavier and/or tug at your shoulder, but it never bothered me (and I carried it a lot during the summer w/sleeveless tops)

I've considered buying a new strap for my bag, but from what I understand, you have to bring the bag in so that they can switch out the straps because they have a special tool that removes the old strap and attaches the new one (I thought it was something I could do myself), which is why I've never done it (there isn't a YSL Boutique in Chgo).

The strap is very flexible - it actually flexes so much, the sealant on my strap was cracked when I got it (brand new from Nordstroms). This is one reason I was going to replace the handle, but the Mgr told me that they would repair it whenever I wanted. Its not bad enough to bother me and when the strap is relaxed (not pulled tightly downward), you can barely notice it

OMG! Mother & Daughter Roadys :nuts: How special is that!!!
Beautiful!
attachment.php

I know that it might seem boring, but I was actually thinking about getting a Black handle for my Navy Roady - I think the black would look gorgeous with the blue leather and silver hardware. I used to have a MJ Stam in that combination and it was so stunning

Attachments

• daydream stam.jpg
    daydream stam.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 70