Newbie questions

1. Please excuse my ignorance. I am pretty new to high end purses in general and extremely new to Balenciaga, but after lurking here and seeing all your gorgeous bags, I am finding myself obsessed! Your bags have hynotized me - they're sooo beautiful! Must . . . own . . . bbag!

Well, I can't buy anything for a while, so I decided that since next year I have both a 35th bday and 10 year anniversary, I could parlay one/both of those occasions to a "real" designer bag as a gift. But everytime I start to research, I get overwhelmed. I think I'm interested in a City, as it seems to be a good functional size. I've searched this forum, I've gone on atletier (so sorry - I know that's spelled horribly wrong!), etc. and I've tried to google info, but I can't find somewhere where I can get a general idea of how much things cost (and I'd like to do some research first before I hit my husband (and possibly other family members) with how much this is going to be, and before I venture into the one store in the Philly area that carries them). So my first question is how much am I looking at? I know we're talking around the $1000 mark, but how much above or below? Would you start with an '06/'07 or try for an older one on eBay? Any suggestions for a "first timer" would be greatly appreciated - as I said, it's going to be quite a while before this happens, I'm just obsessing and figured rather than obsess in jest, I'd obsess more productively! LOL!

TIA!

2. Hello and welcome:heart: !
    And welcome also to your new obsession, he he he...
    First of all- the City costs $1195 plus taxes unless you order from Aloha Rag in which case there's free shipping and no tax. AtelierNaff should have prices listed by the various styles here atelier.naff: Balenciaga motorcycle style reference
    As for buying on eBay- well, I'm sure you've seen the myriad of posts cursing the scores of fakes on the site. B-bags do hold their resale value VERY well so unfortunately the flip side is an increase in shadesters trying to profit illegally. If you are looking for a discontinued colour, usually eBay is your only chance- and you can always post in the Authenticate This thread at the top of the page:smile:

3. stylefly - thanks so much for the tips. I have been looking on atelier, but the prices on there (at least the last time I looked) seemed to have been last updated as of 2005, but I will have to check again. If I go the eBay route, I wouldn't even CONSIDER doing it without relying on you ladies in the "authenticate this!" thread. Thanks again!

4. For a first and especially since you have one in the areanI would buy in a shop, that's what I did. It's just so much more special, also for your friends and hubby it might be nicer .
    Good luck...these bags are truly addictive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice