Newbie Questions: Hang tags, key fobs, positions oh my!

Soulshifted

Shifter of Souls
Nov 16, 2017
Hello everyone! :biggrin:

Yay! I just got my very first designer bag ever, and it's a Coach Rogue! Woo! I'm totally stoked!

That said, I'm a bit befuddled. How is the hangtag intended to be hung? The bag handle doesn't naturally seem to want to dangle on the outside of the bag without pulling the sides down a bit, but if the bag handles are inside the bag, then the hang tag seems awkwardly positioned trying to peek over the edge from within. Am I doing something wrong or making some sort of rookie mistake?

Also, anyone have any tips on how exactly the key fob is intended to be used? I see that the ring inside of it is not supposed to be removed. Does one attach a key to that ring and then just sort of, like, shove it back into the pocket and try to fish it out when needed?

Thanks for any and all assistance!

- J

Hello everyone! :biggrin:

Yay! I just got my very first designer bag ever, and it's a Coach Rogue! Woo! I'm totally stoked!

That said, I'm a bit befuddled. How is the hangtag intended to be hung? The bag handle doesn't naturally seem to want to dangle on the outside of the bag without pulling the sides down a bit, but if the bag handles are inside the bag, then the hang tag seems awkwardly positioned trying to peek over the edge from within. Am I doing something wrong or making some sort of rookie mistake?

Also, anyone have any tips on how exactly the key fob is intended to be used? I see that the ring inside of it is not supposed to be removed. Does one attach a key to that ring and then just sort of, like, shove it back into the pocket and try to fish it out when needed?

Thanks for any and all assistance!

- J
Congratulations! You've started your Coach collection with a great bag! (It's hard to have just one Coach.) I have a couple of Rogues, and I just think of the key thingy as decoration; I've never tried to use it. The hang tag just does that peeking when the handles are inside, and I think that's OK. I'd love to know: what color is your Rogue and what size?

That's a great bag to start your collection, congratulations!

The first generation Rogues came with a lock and the key was secured inside the keyhood. They got rid of the locks because of complaints about the weight but they left the keyhoods as part of the bag design.

I've never seen the need for a lock on one of my bags but it annoys me to carry a keyhood without a key or a lock! I thought about removing the keyhoods but it is part of the Rogue persona so I left them. I finally decided to buy small, decorative, working padlocks with keys. They are well-made locks but light-weight, less than an ounce. I leave them locked onto one of the zipper pulls on my rogues with the keys tucked up inside the hood.

You can see pics of the padlocks on my 2 rogues at the links below. It's probably a silly vanity but I feel that it completes the bag.

I agree that the chain is too short on the hangtag on my Rogues. I got tired of them flipping inside my bag so I removed the original chain and secured it with a longer cord and a thin guard chain. I will try to take a picture to show you the change.

Enjoy your new bag - show us a picture, please!

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...r-my-new-oxblood-prairie-rivets-rogue.976969/

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...d-my-heart-come-and-see.971999/#post-31663569

Last edited:
Reactions: dgphoto and Hobbsy
Congratulations on your first Rogue! I have 4 Rogues, one from the first generation with the lock and the rest without the lock. I don't care much for lots of things dangling from my bags so I take the keyhood off when I carry my Rogues and I usually add a charm onto the chain with the hang tag, put it on one of the side rings and let it hang off to the side of my bag. IMG_2008.jpg

Wow, thanks for the great advice! The padlock idea looks wonderful! I may follow in your footsteps in that regard. My rogue is a Dark Turquoise, regular size, whipstitched handle Rogue. I'll post pics as soon as I can. I even made my own bag charm using a pendant, a bracelet, and a few parts scavenged from other keychains.

That's a gorgeous bag, great first choice, congratulations! I also sometimes use pendants to create a bag charm; it makes them unique and personal.

I am a new Rogue 25 owner (Utility/Blue suede and a custom Black/Burgundy suede with gold hardware) and I LOVE this bag - but I find the extra-added key hood and even the Coach hang tag to be too much (on this particular style), so I put them away. I thought I’d chime in and let you know that it’s OK if you want to do that. :smile:

Reactions: katev