Newbie questions about Bal Town

May 18, 2015
Hi all

I don't know much about this brand so I apologize in advance for my ignorance. It seems the Town is not very popular. Why is that? Also is a lambskin Town (new) at 30% off a good deal?

Thanks
FS

Reactions: Namwan-

traveler727

Dec 12, 2012
I love the Town and I'm currently looking for one in the right color/hardware combo. It seems there are not as many Towns available to buy though. I love the shape and the crossbody option.

Indiana

O.G.
May 26, 2009
I understood that the Town was being phased out in favour of the City Small but sometimes these bag-rumours turn out not to be true! I agree with Traveler that it's a great style, lovely size, and the long strap is a bonus. IMO 30% off is a nice deal for a new bag...

jillybee

Nov 12, 2011
Hi all

I don't know much about this brand so I apologize in advance for my ignorance. It seems the Town is not very popular. Why is that? Also is a lambskin Town (new) at 30% off a good deal?

Thanks
FS
I feel like the Town has a little bit of an identity crisis. It doesn't hold as much as a classic City, but is bigger than the iconic First. I think the Velo is more popular because it is also a crossbody, but roomier. I like my Town bag, but seem to pass over it in favor of one of my other Bals.

May 18, 2015
I love the Town and I'm currently looking for one in the right color/hardware combo. It seems there are not as many Towns available to buy though. I love the shape and the crossbody option.
I understood that the Town was being phased out in favour of the City Small but sometimes these bag-rumours turn out not to be true! I agree with Traveler that it's a great style, lovely size, and the long strap is a bonus. IMO 30% off is a nice deal for a new bag...
I feel like the Town has a little bit of an identity crisis. It doesn't hold as much as a classic City, but is bigger than the iconic First. I think the Velo is more popular because it is also a crossbody, but roomier. I like my Town bag, but seem to pass over it in favor of one of my other Bals.
Thank you all. I decided to pass on the bag. From what I hear, the Town has already been phased out (hence the discount).

Thanks
FS