Newbie question...

gbscia

O.G.
Sep 6, 2006
I am definitely a newbie when it comes to Celine so I really could use your help with a few questions. I recently bought a navy blue mini luggage and I love it. I want to get a springy color for my second Celine, probably in the tan family. My first question is would you get another luggage in tan or possibly a tan phantom? I love the luggage as it is structured and a perfect size. I never saw a phantom in person so I'm not sure if it is as structured as the luggage. I am not crazy about slouchy bags so which would you recommend? Also it looks like the phantom has a wider base than the luggage from the pics I have looked at. Thanks for any suggestions you could provide for me. Love reading all your posts.

I am definitely a newbie when it comes to Celine so I really could use your help with a few questions. I recently bought a navy blue mini luggage and I love it. I want to get a springy color for my second Celine, probably in the tan family. My first question is would you get another luggage in tan or possibly a tan phantom? I love the luggage as it is structured and a perfect size. I never saw a phantom in person so I'm not sure if it is as structured as the luggage. I am not crazy about slouchy bags so which would you recommend? Also it looks like the phantom has a wider base than the luggage from the pics I have looked at. Thanks for any suggestions you could provide for me. Love reading all your posts.

I have a navy mini as well, and a phantom black croc embossed. I use the phantom more because I think it's more casual for me for everyday use. The base is squarish and I do find it harder to keep things as organized as they would be in my mini but I still opt for phantom more often. I'm not a big believer in having the same bag in different colors but that's just me. I believe non-croc embossed phantoms are much slouching though. Don't think I've helped much here but just throwing out my thoughts while having a glass of wine ;) go for a phantom

The phantom is much wider than the mini I have mine in the new natural calf leather which is stiffer and doesn't collapse as easy in the long run. But it's cost 300$ more just for the difference in leather good luck

1 - would you get another luggage in tan or possibly a tan phantom? I'd get the tan phantom

2 - I am not crazy about slouchy bags so which would you recommend? I'd buy the tan phantom in natural calfskin leather, which is stiffer and will retain its original shape longer than supple calfskin.

3 - it looks like the phantom has a wider base than the luggage from the pics I have looked at: You really should try on a phantom prior to purchase, or at least buy from a retailer that you can return to without any hassle. The wide base of the phantom can be off-putting to some. Additionally, like a Luggage, you may not be able to carry on the shoulder if your shoulders are not tiny enough to fit through the handles. Furthermore, keep in mind that while you can tie up a phantom to close the opening, it has no zip closure. And, the tan phantom in natural calfskin can get serious looking scratches, so if that bothers you, then consider another color for your phantom.

Personally, I :heart: the tan phantom in natural calfskin leather.

Good luck and let us know what you ultimately get.

I stopped in at my local Nordstroms today and put my name on the list for a phantom and a mini in a (nude?) color. They told me they are getting a shipment in next week and will call me and also said they would need a credit card to reserve the bag(s) as they sell out immediately. I guess I will have to wait and see... It's a tough choice... I like my mini but think I should get something a bit different but the phantom might have a few deal breakers for me such as not closing and a wider base . I guess I'll have to see what happens,.. thanks for your great advice.