Newbie question: Seasonal colors of BV - dilema

lvlvlvlvlv

Sep 8, 2007
I would like to hear opinions from all BV fans. Would u ever buy seasonal colors like pink, blue, yellow, green etc during non sales period? As we know, these color will be on sales during sales season. I am eyeing a montaigne but I dun like the classic ebano or black color, prefer colorful bags. I am new to BV and had not owned any BV. Say if you found a pink montaigne which you like during the non sales period, will you just grab or will you wait until sales period in order to save 30%? Another thing to ponder is, if you get it at FULL retail price, since it is a seasonal color, people will just assume that you got it during sales, so not worth the purchase.. Any advise? Thank you!

Firstly - welcome to BV! The Montaigne is my favourite style and I have many colourful ones - so I am definitely a fan of going for colour if you can!

Over the last couple of years BV has really cut down on the bags it puts on sale, and related to that the number of bags it stocks in seasonal colours, and therefore I really don't think it is possible to know for sure that the seasonal colours will in fact be on sale during the sale season. I don't recall any Montaignes being in the sales at all for the past few seasons. So if you REALLY like a colour I think you have to assume it likely won't be around by the time of the sale, and either buy at full price or run the risk that you won't get it at all.

And not that I care a toss what other people think - but I just don't think 99.99% of people know enough about BV to assume you got a seasonal colour during the sales or not!

Thank you very much for the advise. But sometimes it is really upseting especially when u see the bag you bought later become sales item. Really dilema haha!

I totally understand this! I have seen so many of the bags that I have bought for full-price at the boutiques marked down significantly at the outlets lately. It makes me want to wait to see what ends up at the outlet rather than pay the full boutique prices now.

Welcome to the BV forum. Yes, it is a crap shoot. I've had both experiences, waiting for a sale and missing out, or buying in season to find out it later goes on sale. However, I do not feel that if something goes on sale, it was not worth the original price. Nor, do I wonder if others judge me that way. Buy what you love, when you can afford it. If it means waiting for a sale, and the bag is gone, that is a chance you take.

I've had only 2 instances where a bag/item I paid full price for went on sale. It's temporarily irritating, but then I remember that a few items I paid full price for are unavailable now at any price or are selling/sold for a premium on the secondary market.

Also, you need a really good SA to even get you to the choice items in a boutique sale it seems now days (thank you, Bryan :heart: )

My motto is if I wouldn't pay full price for it, I'm not going to buy it on sale because I only buy things that really speak to me :cloud9: and don't want to waste my limited funds on just anything. If it's something I would have paid full price for (but for some reason got distracted and didn't get it) and it goes on sale, well - that's icing on the cake!

While it is irritating to see something that you've purchased at full price go on sale, think about how much time extra time you will spend with the bag by purchasing it earlier!

Also, the Montaigne is very popular -- I talked to an SA in NYC during the private sale this year and she said that it very rarely goes on sale. I think they normally sell out before the sale period.

That being said, my Montaigne was my first BV bag and I love it so much that I never think about how much it cost me anymore!

The more popular seasonal colors have been selling out early and never make it to when the sales are held. It's a guessing game and if there is a bag you love, you take a chance it wll be long gone before the sales.

I understand the frustration, though. Once I bought a bag just a couple weeks before the price was slashed in half!

Dear Gals,

So sorry, I confessed that I wasn't honest about my purchase from the start because I hope to hear what is really on your mind, if you have known about my purchase, your answers might be different :biggrin:

Actually I got my first bottega 2 weeks ago, it is a pink montaigne which I like. However I came to know that this color is on year end public sales thru a local forum. M quite upset and ponder if I should have waited. Also thinking of waiting until sales period for seasonal color of my second BV after this bad experience. I am glad that I went to 2 of the boutiques yesterday and it was sold out before sales period. I haven't go check out all boutiques yet. But after hearing your comments and experiences, I think I didn't make the wrong choice.:biggrin:

Here I present my first one and only BV! The antique pink montaigne :yahoo:

Attachments

• 05122010445.jpg
    05122010445.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 420
What a beautiful bag! I'm sure you love it.

Try not to worry about things going on sale. BV's inventory has been so low the past few seasons, most bags sell out long before sale time.

attachment.php

it is just beautiful
so girly I just love it
as far as seasonal colors go
there is always going to be a new color that you love
it will go on sale
when it goes on sale you have to remember how much you love the bag and how many times you have carried it since you bought it and still love it
when you want a seasonal color but decide to wait until it goes on sale.....you might be missing out.
things will either make it to sale or will sell out before sale
once a BV color is gone it is gone
Many people thought for sure INK would go on sale
but they fooled us and it didn't
now what used to be a new Icon color Truffle......is on sale
go figure
who can know the mind of the crazy people in charge

Oh, you mean BV never repeat its color? Cos I tot I saw this pink in the 2nd hand market which is manufactured 2007.. nearly bought it, but in the end I decided not to skimp on it and went for a brand new piece instead.

Actual color of my bag with no flash:smile:

Attachments

• 05122010448.jpg
    05122010448.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Oh, you mean BV never repeat its color? Cos I tot I saw this pink in the 2nd hand market which is manufactured 2007.. nearly bought it, but in the end I decided not to skimp on it and went for a brand new piece instead.

BV rarely repeats seasonal colors, except white, but I guess white is really a classic. Sometimes BV will hold over a color to a subsequent season...and then it becomes a classic. There are also some colors that look similar to older colors, but they are not the exact same.

The Antique Pink is my fav of the 4 pinks that were recent seasonal colors. It sort of looks like Quarzo from 2007, except different.