Newbie question re: CL Very Prive Python

dee-lovely

O.G.
Nov 24, 2008
Hi! I have admired CLs for awhile, but only have 2 pairs. I mainly buy Choos, and have gotten pretty good at telling what Choos will go on sale at the end of the season and know when to wait or when to jump and get a pair before they are sold out. I do not know CLs that well yet! So before I drop almost $1K on a pair of shoes, can anyone give me their 2 cents on the CL Very Prive in Python? I would die if I spend that much and they go on sale at the end of the season. Is this likely to be on sale at the end of the season or am I safe to buy it now? I know this isn't an exact science, but just would appreciate anyone's opinions. Thanks :o)

CL's python, lizard, croc VP's never go on sale.....rather the retail price goes up every season. The retail price for roccia python VP's now is at about $300 higher than the price 2-3 years ago. So if you get a chance to buy your size in those, get it ASAP as they do sell out very quickly.

Thanks ladies! Good to know they prob won't go on sale before I take the plunge. They are gorgeous! Not really black/white-more like cream and light brown/tan and they have a gold tip.

Dee-lovely-Don't forget to check ebay every once in a while too. I got a pair of VP black & white whipsnakes for $355.00 on ebay. I ended up returning them earlier this week actually b/c I found out they were missing a scale near the base of the shoe but they do pop up there and you may be able to find a good deal.

Thanks ladies! Good to know they prob won't go on sale before I take the plunge. They are gorgeous! Not really black/white-more like cream and light brown/tan and they have a gold tip.

Cream and light brown/tan with gold tip? Are they the beige impero from Saks? If so they actually went down in price. They used to be $1165, and now they're $995. Not too bad for python, if you ask me.

foxy and laureen are right... i've never seen python VPs go on sale... although some other pythons do (silver python yoyo, burgundy and blue python declic)... generally the exotics do not go on sale and go up in price, and they are a good investment