Newbie question: Diff between Veneta & Belly Veneta

Bagaday

O.G.
Apr 9, 2008
Hi All. I am new to the world of BV. I recently purchased a medium campana in nero and have fallen in love.......hard! :biggrin: Now, I am considering venturing into the world of veneta's. Could you please tell me the difference outside of $, ie, is one easier to get in/out of, easier to carry (handle), etc. Thank you very much for all/any comments.

The shapes are totally different. Take a look at the reference library and you will see several of each. I like both. The Belly is round, or thicker. The classic Veneta is flat.

I have both in large. I find both styles equally accessible for getting things in and out. The veneta, being essentially flat, lays close to your body almost molding to your shape. The belly has significant width but the extra width is softened by pleating the sides of the leather near the bottom corners.. It creates a bit of bulk under your arm if you carry it on your shoulder but I don't find it uncomfortable. The extra depth allows you to carry more without the bag looking overstuffed. HTH

^^Thank you Ladies......without seeing these bag's irl, it's hard to really get a feel for what they're like to carry. It sounds like maybe the classic veneta may be for me especially if they are the same getting your wallet,etc. in/out of. Looking forward to my next purchase.

^^Thank you Ladies......without seeing these bag's irl, it's hard to really get a feel for what they're like to carry. It sounds like maybe the classic veneta may be for me especially if they are the same getting your wallet,etc. in/out of. Looking forward to my next purchase.

If you are close to the Chicago Boutique, you can try both sizes on. Remeber, they are closing soon for the huge remodel. I think they will be closed for 3 months.

the large belly veneta IMO is equal to the Maxi regular veneta
The belly has pleats in the corners and it has a rounder look to it
You can really get a lot in the large belly veneta. It is a wonderful bag.
If you have a SA why not have her consign the large veneta and the large belly veneta to you? You can view the merchandise in your own home.

Just wanted to share my thoughts..........I carried my large ebano belly veneta yesterday for the first time this year and I have to agree with septembersiren, it's very close in size to the maxi, especially the width. I had it in my lap at the nail salon and it felt monstrous. That said, I haven't used it enough for it to soften up very much but if I were to consider a second belly in another color I think I'd go with a medium.

Just wanted to share my thoughts..........I carried my large ebano belly veneta yesterday for the first time this year and I have to agree with septembersiren, it's very close in size to the maxi, especially the width. I had it in my lap at the nail salon and it felt monstrous. That said, I haven't used it enough for it to soften up very much but if I were to consider a second belly in another color I think I'd go with a medium.

Having spent some time with your large belly veneta, LLANeedle, do you still think that you would consider the medium if you to ever get another?

Thanks, LL! I do not have a boutique nearby, so trying one is not really an option. The large is indeed larger with more leather than the regular veneta, but I am concerned that the medium belly veneta might be smaller than I could use... dilemmas!!!:confused1:

Baggiana -I haven't seen the medium belly IRL I will make it a priority to check it out soon and report back.
The large belly is too big for my frame and I would personally never buy it.
As you already know I am a big fan of the large Veneta (and BV in general even with the crazy price increase- in this part of the world -I am unable to stay away from BV).

Chiming in here...I recently purchased a medium Belly and while I find the size good for a smaller bag, it is still smaller than I'd like for an everyday bag (I use it for a fun bag in a bright pop of color). I'm small-framed but tall and I also have a maxi veneta, which I think is just HUGE and everything piles on top of everything else in it. I looked at the Large Belly and decided that I'd really rather have that....I don't think it's quite as massive looking as the maxi veneta.

I ended up getting the medium belly (nero) and it is fantastic for me. My first BV purchase was the med. campana and absolutely adore that bag. I did order a medium veneta and did not like it all as it was difficult for me to get my wallet in/out, etc. I do not carry that much in my bag and still thought this particular size was too smalll for me which led me to the medium belly - perfection (for me)! AND, given that I must of contracted the "BV" disease, I recently picked up the Cervo Hobo and though a bigger bag than usual for me, I love the comfort of it..........I'm really hoping I'm done for awhile now. :smile:

Ah, Juda, I definitely want to know what you think!!!... especially with regard to what this one carries in contrast to the large veneta. It is too bad about the price increases, but they are happening here, too, albeit a little more slowly... I am still an addict!

WingNut, the large veneta is plenty large for me... in fact just perfect for this big bag girl... I am looking for something different, though having so many copies of the large veneta.

Bagaday, the medium veneta does not work at all for me unless we are talking dress since it does not hold enough without looking overstuffed - and in that case (dressier), I would rather carry a clutch or a hand carried bag than a shoulder bag. The cervo hobo is an amazing bag, IMO - and I especially love it in rame ossidato - for both the metallic and the extra design lines!