Newbie question about 09 black

kiwiddy

Dec 28, 2007
Hey all!! I just purchased my firt b bag - 09 black work RH, and I have been reading the reference library here and related threads about 09 black, I was wondering is there only one kind of 09 black? or is there a 2009 S/S and F/W? the metal tag in the side of my bag reads N xxxx R, and I read in one thread that it means its from 2009 S/S. but on my receipt from Barneys says the color is "Nero", which I read in another thread that it means its 2009 F/W pre season...I'm so confused??? I'd just like to figure out what exactly I have!! lol

Thanks!!

Can you post pictures? 09 black is getting a reputation for being super saturated and beautiful because of it! As HandbagAngel said, F/W is not out yet, we Bal geeks don't even know colours yet : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

IMG_2773.jpg

IMG_2789.jpg

two different lightings...i would say not as shiny as the first one, but it's definitely a jet black!

HTH

Congrats Twiddy,
you've got an amazing bag there. The leather is thick and chewy and the colour saturation is beautiful. I bought a black 09 city for a friend last week and I almost wept when I had to send it out to her, the leather was so sumptuous and velvety black, that I wanted to keep it for myself!
Don't worry about the colour, whether black/nero/noir. You've got a legendary 09 black which will be the envy of all Balenciaga addicts. It's gorgeous, enjoy :yahoo: