newbie needs to share her excitement!!!!

Wow. Ok let me get this straight. The current SAs at the SF boutique can put aside stuff for you even though your SA hasn't started yet? So that he can get credit for the sale at a later date? :confused1: Wow. Not to sound like the lone wolf here but that's actually really nice of them. :tup:

I had no idea they can do that kind of thing at the boutiques. Or maybe it's different at high end stores...:shrugs:

I'm sorry that your first H visit was a letdown. the SF Hermes doesnt have the warmest reputation, even by H standards.

I'm sure things will be much better when "R" arrives

DG, I'm sorry to hear of your less than ideal first H store visit. I'm sure pretty sure it would be much better with R there next week. Chin up, and not let it get to you. :heart:

Wow. Ok let me get this straight. The current SAs at the SF boutique can put aside stuff for you even though your SA hasn't started yet? So that he can get credit for the sale at a later date? :confused1: Wow. Not to sound like the lone wolf here but that's actually really nice of them. :tup:

I had no idea they can do that kind of thing at the boutiques. Or maybe it's different at high end stores...:shrugs:

I would have bought something from her if she had show any sort of interest. I can get guilted into buying almost anything! I had visited R before I went and he had told me to talk with the manager and put the items on hold. My original plan was to just give him a list. So I understand what you mean. It just wasn't what I thought it would be, even before I said anything about him.

I've decided I won't let it bug me. I am not buying something at BV that I really really really want because I won't use it and I know these items will be in heavy rotation.

Sorry to hear about the let-down of the first visit. It happened to me too my first visit. It really is discouraging and just doesn't feel good :tdown:

But luckily you have R switching over and that will be great. Once the SA's see R speaking with you and knowing you, they may warm up. I know that is horrible, but unfortunately at some boutiques that is how it is.

Can't wait to see what you get!

Well boo on SF! I'm still going to check it out, if they're meanies, I just won't buy anything. I'm supposed to be heading to the east coast early next year, so maybe I'll just wait until then...Thanks for the update.

Sorry to hear about the let-down of the first visit. It happened to me too my first visit. It really is discouraging and just doesn't feel good :tdown:

But luckily you have R switching over and that will be great. Once the SA's see R speaking with you and knowing you, they may warm up. I know that is horrible, but unfortunately at some boutiques that is how it is.

Can't wait to see what you get!

Thanks, Megs! This is worse than being the not-so-attractive girl at the bar that can't get a drink. Though, if they were rude to you it could happen to anyone.

Hey Newbie!!

Looking forward to seeing you post your goodies next week. I'm new to the H world also, and am also small potatoes (starting out small and hopefully will work my way up). Congrats!!!

I don't feel like begging someone to help me. I typically don't like SAs to hover, but to ignore me altogether seems off-putting. I was so excited and the place just sucked it all out of me.

:yes::yes::yes:That's why NM (for H scarves) & Goyard have been getting all my business lately. :lol: But congrats on finding your items and I'm really excited that's there's going to be a new SA!:woohoo:

Chi--glad to have other newbies around! It may help me get over this whole SA hurdle. I swear, SF should have a more relaxed store. This is SF! Everyone else around is....

Crochet--since I probably won't get much farther than accessories/scarves, NM is a def. option if something happens to R. Otherwise, I have a feeling R is going to be rolling in the commissions. I almost hate to share him!

doubtfulguest, i am so sorry abt your terrible experience, especially you were there to check out the accessories and scarves. I know that customers are snorted at if they ask for the Birkin the moment they step into the store. However if u were to ask to look at everything else, i find the SA are usually pretty helpful and nice. Hope your next trip will be a happier one and welcome to the orange side!

BTW, do check out bags like evelyn and picotin too, they are very much available and pretty too.

Oh DG, I'm sorry you had an awful experience there......it's my "home store"; I've literally spent hundreds of thousands of dollars there, and I never, EVER got treated well there. Now I just do all my business in Paris and Dallas, and even on Ebay. It's just not worth the attitude. I love the clothes, the accesories, and of course, the handbags. I find a lot of the San Francisco stores problematic (except for Neiman's, who know me well.......and I LOVE that store), and find i do most of my shopping out of town. I pray that your SA knows to value you, because he could make you a Hermes gal for LIFE. It's easy to get hooked on the stuff.......