newbie needs to share her excitement!!!!

Well, I'm on my way down to H SF. :yahoo: He doesn't work there yet and I'm on my own, so I'm getting a little nervous here. Hopefully me not buying anything today won't look too awful. I can't wait to see everything I've been reading about in person! Thanks for the support, everyone!

We'll miss you on BV subforum. I understand sticking with an SA if they're going to a designer you're ready to buy anyway. I guess it was meant to be.

Bese wishes!

Doubtfulguest, I'll be interested to see how it goes for you in SF, I'm planning my first H trip to there when I'm in the city for Christmas. So far, it sounds pretty unfriendly but maybe I'll get lucky and meet your SA!

We'll miss you on BV subforum. I understand sticking with an SA if they're going to a designer you're ready to buy anyway. I guess it was meant to be.

Bese wishes!

Thank you! But don't worry, I won't be forgetting BV. I still love what they do, although I have refined my tastes to certain items (I love their staples, no so much on the others). A knot clutch will be mine! I have another SA there I can talk to, so I won't ever stray too far :smile:

Well Ms_Jade, I'm sorry I don't have better news for you!

I'm back and a little underwhelmed, unfortunately. If my SA (let's call him R.) wasn't switching over, I may have never thought to go back in there. R warned me it was a much "quieter" place, a reserved attitude being the norm (although he was encouraged to be the same hip, happy guy he usually is). Lots of SAs walking around not seeming to do much of anything. I looked at the scarves and was ignored. I asked where the belts were and was pointed to the back. I came back to look at scarves and was still ignored. I finally asked for the manager, as that's who R suggested. She was busy helping a customer so I asked the woman who had went to find her if she might help. She wasn't enthusiastic but when I told her what I wanted she at least got it all set aside for me. At that point I had told her I was putting all the items on hold as I was waiting for R, so I assume that's why she couldn't be bothered to show me how to fold it, or to offer any additional items. She did work with me to find the correct belt, so points there. I had thought to buy a twilly from the SA that helped me today, but I just wasn't into it anymore and left.

I'm really hoping my trip next week will be better. I don't feel like begging someone to help me. I typically don't like SAs to hover, but to ignore me altogether seems off-putting. I was so excited and the place just sucked it all out of me.

In happier news, everything I wanted was there except the belt buckle which should come in this week. I won't spill the beans yet, but as you've probably guessed by now I am getting the belt set I want, a scarf and a small accessory. Nothing can stop me from being excited to wear my first Hermes items! Pics of everything next week, although I don't technically get the belt till xmas!

doubtfulguest, I can't wait to see what you come home with next week! It was fate that R was moving to Hermes. Now you've got me thinking; if I could just get my BV SA to move a few doors down to H in the Bellagio, I'd be all set!

Sorry your visit wasn't more enjoyable but I'm sure having a familiar face in the store next week will change your experience completely.