Newbie here!

aluzio

Jul 23, 2007
Hi Everyone,

I've been reading the stickies for reference to buying a bag. I'm still a little confused. I'm going to be going to France next month and of course I would LOVE to buy a bag, but it seems like they don't keep them in stock? I'm looking at the lindy. If I go to the Hermes store there I can't just walk in and buy one? This will be my very first Hermes so I'm a little confused.

Thanks
Ana:biggrin:

If you are looking for a lindy, I think you will have quite good chance to score one in France. Just walk in and they should be on the shelf. Even if you can't see them in the shop, if you ask a SA, they should be able to assist you.

The one which is very difficult to get is mainly Birkin. ;)

Welcome aluzio- there is no need to reserve it. As have been said by the others, Lindys are usually readily on display. There are a few in the London stores so i'm pretty sure it will avaiballe in Paris.

Good luck with your quest!

Kellys are still a little easier to get off the shelf, but then again, just like the lindy - u might not get the colour that u wan.
Birkins are slightly harder, sometimes u might find one or two on display but dun hesitant too much!
They might be gone the very next moment.
:smile:

I bought my 34 etoupe lindy in FSH. just walked in and it happened to be there. This was last May 2009. i was even given 2 leather choices and 2 sizes to play with. In the end the 34 won for me because of the shoulder drop. the 34 is a little longer than the 30.

Good luck!

oh yes, remember to brink your passport. not sure if a photocopy is accepted because i brought my passport with me knowing of the tax rebate.

As the others have mentioned, Lindys are usually readily available in France - just depends on the color you want. If you aren't looking for a specific color, you should be able to get one.

And if it's there, you can definitely just buy it. No waiting list whatsoever.