Newbie here: Which CLs should I get?

afcgirl

O.G.
Oct 30, 2006
I have been drooling over everyone's shoes on here for months and feel ready to buy my first pair. I have no idea which ones I want though.

I love the pumps but are they practical? I do not want to spend so much money just to wear them once a year. I also want something that will not kill my feet (but I don't want flats, I love the heels).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

You can wear the simple pumps with anythings. I wear them with dress pants, dresses and jeans. You can get them in 70mm, 85mm and 100mm and in patent and kidskin and in various colors. I like the 85mm and find them very easy to walk in for days and to go out.
Saks, NM, Barneys, Bergdorf Goodman all carry CL's as well as the CL boutiques in NYC, Las Vegas and LA. These are the simple 85's from the saks.com site. The websites don't have alot available right now, but if you can call the stores and have them search for the color and size you want. The boutiques often carry colors not available in the department stores.

Another option is the black patent/jazz Decollete - it's the ultimate go with anything shoe and ultimatley I find it very comfortable but it will need a little more breaking that the Simple

Attachments

• Black Decollete.jpg
    Black Decollete.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 114
I like the Numero Prive

Here it is
NMX064N_mn.jpg

Welcome welcome! I'm sure that whatever shoe you pick for your first pair will be absolutely gorgeous! It's hard to go wrong with CL! But it will become an addiction! Can't wait to see your pictures :smile:

I will definitely post modeling pics when I get them. I will need to get my legs in better shape though after the long winter--all of you girls on here have great legs to show off your CLs!

One other thing, I hope I have the self-confidence to pull them off. I hope I don't just feel ridiculous, like I am trying to be sexy (but failing). Anyone else feel this way?

I like to buy Loubs that are at least 4 inches. It seems like a lot, but a lot of them have platforms or hidden platforms, so they're not that uncomfortable. You should definitely try some; don't be scared off just because of the height. I am just starting out myself, but among the ones I have tried so far, I love the Declic and Rolando most. The Minibout Zeps are also great, very similar to the Declic. Happy shopping!

Oh, also, I think just about everyone that participates in this forum has or would love to have a pair of nude Loubs. They really do make your legs look super long!

Thanks everyone! laureenthemean, I saw pics of the Minibouts and they looked beautiful. I can't believe how gorgeous Louboutins are, I never really was into shoes until I saw them! I hope I do not get addicted, my wallet can't take it!