Newbie here that needs help with the Dr Hillier range!

sugarspice

Jun 22, 2008
Hi everyone! This is the first time im posting here as I tend to live in the mulberry forum but I just have to ask for your help as I fell in love with the marc jacobs dr Q hillier bag earlier this year.

I really did regret not buying it earlier this year as the leather is gorgeous:faint: and now its too late coz its sold out in the shops.

I have found one on ebay and I cant tell if its authentic. I have also posted the link in the authenticate this marc jacobs thread but could you gals also give me some info on the MJ dr hillier range.

2341084901_5a2eac2f44_o.jpg
NMV04EZ_mn.jpg

Sizes colours etc with pics would be so appreciated. The size that I saw (and want) is the one in the pics pasted above, the medium hobo i believe? Is the one on ebay the same and how many sizes did this bag come in? Thanks in advance!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-MARC-BY-M...hash=item330277171698&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

i believe they come in small and large only.. 2 sizes.. i'm not sure about the saddle one but the grey pictured above is the large one i believe.. you could tell by the additional strap length drop.. the large one will fall in the body of the bag while the small one will be longer than the bag..

the ebay auction is for small i believe although the stock photo that they use is for the large one.. HTH! you could also search for "hillier" and look at other thread about the bag.. i'm on a hunt myself for one with great price.. :biggrin:

:welcome2:

I know that the black came in both the small and the huge sizes. As for the saddle, I have seen it in small only, so I'm not sure if it came in the larger size. Barneys has the black in the huge available on their website.

I plan on returning a small Saddle to Neiman Marcus or Nordstrom in the next week or so. I'd be happy to give you a heads-up when I do return it, so that you can call the store, if you're interested in purchasing it.

Good luck!

Indi3r4 Thanks for the info about the straps It really does help me differentiate between the two sizes!

It turns out that the one i tried on at the airport was the larger size then (the dimensions were similar to the grey one in the pic)

Barmakianbags When did you see the small saddle version in bloomingdales and how much was it? I think they went in the sale in the states.. do you guys know how much they went down to?

Sclumley4 Thanks for the welcome! Do you mind my asking how much you bought the small in saddle in the sale in Neiman marcus from? Any chance you could post pics of you holding the smaller size one as Id be able to decide which size it is i want:nuts:

If anyone owns the huge and or small size in the grey or saddle colour I would SOOOO appreciate it if you could post modelling pics with the bag!!:jammin:

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Sclumley4 Thanks for the welcome! Do you mind my asking how much you bought the small in saddle in the sale in Neiman marcus from? Any chance you could post pics of you holding the smaller size one as Id be able to decide which size it is i want:nuts:

If anyone owns the huge and or small size in the grey or saddle colour I would SOOOO appreciate it if you could post modelling pics with the bag!!:jammin:

Thanks!!

The bag in Saddle was not on sale when I purchased it. It retailed for $398 + sales tax, so I paid approximately $432. The bag may be on sale now though, but I can't be sure.

According to the Barneys Website, the Huge Hillier Hobo dimensions are 14.5" H x 17" L x 5" D; 8" handle drop. It doesn't list the strap length though. I knew the Huge size would be too large for me as I am petite (5'0"), but the small size is not significantly smaller. I'll see if I can find the dimensions for the small size and look for modeling pics.

HTH. :smile:

ETA: Here are some links to threads discussing the difference between the sizes of the Hillier with modeling pics.

http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/mbmj-hillier-big-vs-small-353492.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/loving-my-hillier-hobo-in-grey-269043.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/you-lucky-tpfers-who-own-the-hillier-hobo-311113.html

Last edited:
I saw them at the barney's coop at the americana at brand in glendale, ca today. they definitely had the huge saddle and perhaps the black, full price. hope that helps!