Newbie here please help

1. I am new to balenciaga. After looking at all you ladies collection, i have decide to order my 1st balenciaga bag. My SA ask my what kind of leather do i want for my City Rouge Vif. I am not quite sure what she asking me, can anyone explain to me please?? Thanks in advance.

2. She's asking whether you would prefer smooth, thick, non-veiny leather, or the other alternative- thinner, crinklier, veinier leather. It is purely a matter of personal taste. My advice would be to browse the "Documenting Leather Variations" thread to familiarize yourself with the differences...and congratulations on your soon-to-be best bag ever!!!

3. Stylefly thank you for your help. I did browse the "Documenting Leather Variations" , i still not quite sure what i want. I never own a bbag before so it's kinda hard for me to see what all the ladies talking about. I know i want soft leather, not shinny. Please help!!!

4. ^ 949, "soft leather, not shiny" is a good thing to pass along to your SA if you feel that way. I usually don't ask for anything and just let fate decide my bag...there are always inconsistencies showing the natural character of a handcrafted leather good and I end up falling in love with the unique personality of the bag.

5. i also prefer the soft leather, not shiny character on my b bags :P

6. I still struggle with this myself. I recently waitlisted for a spring 07 bag and when asked for leather preference, the term "distressed" confused me. I wasn't sure if distressed meant that veiny look (which I don't want) or distressed as in thrown around and beat in the dirt kind of softness. O_O

7. I think you should go if possible to a shop and check them even if you don't actually buy there especially for your first b-bag. I didn't really know what I wanted util seeing one IRL. Now I know that I like slightly distressed ,veiny bag with thick leather.'which is rather difficult to find) Most of the RV have really smooth leather at least the ones I saw, but some tiny veins are nice since they give the bag character. So that's what I got but I was able to choose among 4.

8. i think distressed mean the opposite of veiny? am i right on this girls
    i think distressed is more like this? :
    [​IMG]

9. I see but why opposite sorry english is not my mothertongue but I thought veiny meens the "marbled" look...?

10. Thank you very much for all your comment and idea. I will call my SA tomorrow to order my 1st bbag. :yahoo:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice