Newbie help - Vintage Caviar or Lambskin in this listing?

Misstv2000

Jun 16, 2020
The seller is listing this bag as Caviar but to my novice eyes it looks like lambskin. Any help please? Thanks!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 47
  • s-l1600-1.jpg
    s-l1600-1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 45
  • s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 39
That's definitely lambskin and not caviar. I've seen a few bags mistakenly described as caviar -could be they were re-using a template for a different bag or just seller error.

Awesome thank you guys so much for your help! I know th price difference is quite a lot for Lambskin vs Caviar. What’s a decent price for lambskin like this one? Is $3k- 3.5k reasonable with full set?

Definitely lambskin. Caviar will be visibly pebbled, and I'm surprised the seller is labelling it as caviar since it looks nothing like it.

$3K-3.5K is pretty reasonable for that condition in the current market. It's a bit high compared to what we were seeing it at a few months ago, likely due to the recent price increases, but such is the current market. I'm even seeing vintage flaps like that be listed at around $4K now, which is a bit crazy to me.

It's lambskin. Is this a Japanese reseller? I noticed that sometimes they copy/paste their listings since they have sooo many of the same bags (Chanel must be huge in Japan) and they might forget to alter a few details.