newbie getting lousy offers

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I've never sold on Ebay. I decided to list a few items on Bonanzle becuase I had the idea that the fees were lower and maybe it was safer for a newbie like me.
I've had a few offers. Most of them were very low--like half of my already very reasonable price. When I responded, countering their offer so I could make a little money after paying, shipping, they went away. Are these bottom feeders? Fake buyers?
Today I had one that was from Greece. Zero feedback and just joined today.
Is this typical of online "buyers"?

Bottom feeders and fake buyers? Nah. This is becoming increasingly typical of eBay buyers - they just want something for nothing. Just ignore the low-ballers and eventually a quality buyer will come along. ;)

Bottom feeders and fake buyers? Nah. This is becoming increasingly typical of eBay buyers - they just want something for nothing. Just ignore the low-ballers and eventually a quality buyer will come along. ;)
Thanks. I am inclined to ignore this one. Not worth the trouble and risk of dealing with an overseas buyer for the little money involved.

Good call, I would do the same thing. There are many sellers who will not ship overseas, and for very good reason - too many things can potentially go wrong. As for the lowballers, just ignore them honey - we have all dealt with them! :biggrin:

Since you're new to selling, I would definitely state clearly that you'll ship domestically to confirmed paypal addresses only. And ignore the low ballers...they're just trying to see how desperate you are.

actually this Greek offer didn't mention price....it was interesting though they offered to buy both of my items -- a wallet and a handbag, which weren't listed together

Oh I've had a bucket-full of these recently too. Beyond annoying.

I've also had a few scammers on Bonz (and one - so far - on EBay) who have done just as you say - join today and offer to buy everything LOL!
I just reply "OK, here's the price and btw, I'll only ship to a confirmed PayPal address with tracking and signature confirmation"... soon gets rid of the scammers ;)

Also, afaik, there is NO option on Bonz to reject low offers, only on EBay.

I have only sold on ebay. Please do add to your listing that you only ship to confirmed addresses and I do NOT ship internationally--too much of a headache and too much can go wrong. There are plenty of buyers in the USA just be patient.

1) Patience. It takes a while to get a good price and especialy so if you don't have any 'credit'. So just keep at it.

2) There will always be people who want a bargain. And actually, most people who shop second hand do want a bargain of sorts which is one of the reasons why they're buying online in the first place.

You'll get the price you want eventually. You just need to wait.

1) Patience. It takes a while to get a good price and especialy so if you don't have any 'credit'. So just keep at it.

2) There will always be people who want a bargain. And actually, most people who shop second hand do want a bargain of sorts which is one of the reasons why they're buying online in the first place.

You'll get the price you want eventually. You just need to wait.

I agree. Patience. It will sell. I do not ship internationally because of the headache. i would also set your ebay to block international buyers if you do not want them. You can also block people who have had 2 UPI stirkes or more. In addition I would set your best offer settings to decline at a certain amount. That way you do not have to deal with people who offer you half or less. You can also set your ebay settings to pay immediatley with BIN or best offer. I do all these settings and more. It saves a lot of time and prevents headcahes.

I've slowly begun setting up a booth as well, and I am finding that I am not getting any views at all. One thing I decided to do was to diversify the type of stuff I am selling, so that maybe I can sell some less expensive stuff and generate some seller feedback that way. I probably would be leery of purchasing things from me, too! :P

This is really strange....I haven't had any interest in my items for sale on Bonanzle for months and now I've had messages three days in a row. Each from a different "buyer"....each has no history and each has just joined Bonanzle the same day they are messaging me.
Do you think this is really the same person?

This is really strange....I haven't had any interest in my items for sale on Bonanzle for months and now I've had messages three days in a row. Each from a different "buyer"....each has no history and each has just joined Bonanzle the same day they are messaging me.
Do you think this is really the same person?

I think that is a little shady. Can you see where they are located or anything about them? Maybe that would help in determining if it is the same person.