Newbie Chanel owner with some ???s

1. Hi everyone,

In addition to my Chanel wallet, I now have my first Chanel bag. The leather feels soft and I would like to prevent it from damage as much as possible.

What is the official term for this leather?

Can I spray it with Shining Monkey leather protectant to help ward off staining?

Is it silly of me to prefer to put it in a white dust cover instead of a black one; do the black covers ever turn the color of a light bag?

Sorry for all the questions. I just love my new little bag and only want to give it the best care:heart:

2. ooops a picture would help

[​IMG]

3. so pretty, congrats! :biggrin:

4. love your bag!!! ENJOY!!!

5. I've never seen that one before, do you have any other info on it?

I wouldn't recommend Shining Monkey on your chanels.

6. All I know is that it is from '04-per Michele's kindness in authenticating.

Senorjayme had one like it but in a different color listed recently, although I think it has ended. There was no reference as to type of leather in her listing. I was hoping to get more info on it here.

OK, no shining monkey. Does anyone use anything for protection, or is it not even necessary?

7. That purse is gourgeous ! I love tassels . i'd call a chanel boutique and ask about protectant . it appears to be durable , thick leather .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice