Newbie Becky needs advice please ladies

Thank you so much,

I'm quite new to Mulberry, I bought my first bays from the York outlet last month and of course have fallen in love so I bought a pebbled beige Alexa from a seller on eBay.

It arrived yesterday and I'm really not happy with the condition it's in. It was sold as 'used' and in the description it says 'slightly used'. There are quite a few photos on the listing but they are colour hued slightly so don't really show the extent of the damage. I'm not really sure where I stand as I obviously knew it was used but perhaps expected more honesty in the listing. The seller is refusing to refund and said I was getting a £4500 for £380 which is obviously not true as the bag never sold for that much.

I will post some pictures to see what you think, I'm wondering if maybe I am being too picky.

If the damage wasn't described in the listing then you can open a case on eBay to return for a refund. If the seller doesn't respond to the case, or doesn't agree to accept the return, then you can escalate the case to eBay after a week and they will decide the outcome (usually that you should return for a refund).

I don't think you should have to accept anything that isn't as described. £380 is still a lot of money. £4500?!! I don't think so. That's as dishonest as the description. I would definitely open a SNAD. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Sorry, I was struggling with photobucket - might just be easier to post a link the the album. Some of the pictures are the ones I used for authentication. It's a nice bag, I just wish the seller had been brutally honest about the condition. I may be overreacting.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/HerMajesty01/library/Silky Snake Pebbled Beige Alexa

Pretty much all of the metal work is damaged in some way also, some more minor than others.

For a start becky that bag never cost £4500 or did it?
It looks like silky snake to me and they were def not that price.
If the bag is not as described report it to Ebay and open a case against the seller
Buyers are well protected for this.
If the bag is not as you expected then you have a case in your favour
Good luck and keep us updated :smile:

I believe it retailed for £995 then went it to the sale for £760. I am going to open a case, I really think people should be brutally honest when goods are high value but I guess that's eBay for you sometimes!

Have just had another good look at your bag and it is silky snake which never cost the amount stated. I have this bag in a different colour and while I paid a good bit more than you it was in NEW condition. I bought mine from NPN a consignment store online
The bag in your pics is in very poor condition so open the case on Ebay with the seller if she is not willing to have it back.
Definitely not as described and IMO no where near worth the money you paid!
Good luck with it

I think the photos do make the bag look like it is in better condition. If the seller isn't being helpful and you're not happy with the bag I would open a case with ebay. Good luck :smile:

I believe it retailed for £995 then went it to the sale for £760. I am going to open a case, I really think people should be brutally honest when goods are high value but I guess that's eBay for you sometimes!

There are some very honest sellers on Ebay but then we always get bad ones too!
Somewhere on here there is a thread on where to buy preloved bags.
I will list a few I know but others will help you too.
Naughtypidginsnet Fantastic!
Thefinerthings Aberdeen on Ebay and also Fantastic!
Labelsmostwanted Great recommendations and with these sites you def get what you pay for!
Mooshsoo is another honest seller I've just rembered
There are lots more purse forum members who sell on Ebay but I can't remember the names of them all.
If you see something you like you can always check on here

There are some very honest sellers on Ebay but then we always get bad ones too!
Somewhere on here there is a thread on where to buy preloved bags.
I will list a few I know but others will help you too.
Naughtypidginsnet Fantastic!
Thefinerthings Aberdeen on Ebay and also Fantastic!
Labelsmostwanted Great recommendations and with these sites you def get what you pay for!
Mooshsoo is another honest seller I've just rembered
There are lots more purse forum members who sell on Ebay but I can't remember the names of them all.
If you see something you like you can always check on here

Thank you! I will definitely bear that in mind for next time!

From looking at this seller's feedback it just looks like he knows nothing at all about what he's sold. He said someone offered him twice the amount I paid in person - I doubt it and if they did he should have snatched their hand off!

This leather is renown for being fragile and the colour means it is particularly prone to colour transfer and wear but i agree it is worse than the listing implies so id open a SNAD claim and you will be ale to send it back and get your money back...personally id avoid this type of leather again in such a light colour

Also keep all the pictures you have taken of the bag. When you eventually send it back take pictures of the packaging, the address it's going to, your return address and barcode number. Send it back special delivery and photograph the receipt from the post office too.