Newbie Becky needs advice please ladies

BeckyLH01, don't let this put you off buying, Kaye is right. There are some very honest sellers on eBay. I have also got caught out before and like you had to do a SNAD. All worked out in the end.

I have just brought a lovely preloved bag from EBay so please don't let it put you off. But the pictures for my bag were much clearer that the ones of your bag.
I hope your case gets resolved soon.

Thank you again, I don't think I'll be buying any bags from eBay again and will definitely look at some of the sites recommended here.

I don't mind paying the return postage and I'll send it special delivery just to make sure I know I am covered. Just fingers crossed it goes my way.

I felt like that after 1 fake and 2 SNAD (stated new but were clearly used) took me a while to dabble again, I do steer clear of used bags though. I've had a few successful buys on ebay but I have new rules

1. Only buy when the quality of the pictures show the overall condition of the bag from all angles, close ups, especially hardware

2. Scrutinise feedback/completed sales, especially to see if they have sold it before

3. Men are the worst I got called a cu next Tuesday word, tend to avoid their listings

4. Always ask if any rips tears and stains inside or out or smells

5. How old it is

If hedges come back again,

Stick your ground and don't be tempted to enter into any argument, I would just go back and say that 'you are sorry, but you feel that the bag is not as described and you want a full refund and that you feel its better for ebay to make a decision as you have highlighted the bags issues and its clear from the sellers pictures it could not be seen. Say you want to work with them, but its clear they do not want to work with you'. Make it clear the bag also never retailed as their suggested price.

They tend to back down then, because if it goes in your favour, the seller will get a ding and their selling fees will not be refunded.

As said already, whether the seller accepts the return or ebay instruct you to return it, you must send it back 'special delivery guaranteed' and you must update the tracking in ebay.

All messaging must be within ebay and if they get abusive, report them. Follow ebays instructions and they will refund you as soon as delivery has been confirmed (usually).

This will work out in your favour I am sure....good luck and keep us posted.

Not heard anything else from him which I'm actually relieved by. I think this will go to eBay and probably for the best.

I think if it does go my way I will leave neutral feedback, just so some else doesn't make the same mistake.

Yes must admit I have had some bad experiences when the photos are lacking or haven't been good. I know that's your best chance of a bargain but don't think it's worth it.

I think you can tell a lot about the seller by the description too, if you have just got one line and have to keep asking questions I steer clear now. Photos can also be quite deceptive as in this case.

I've always got my money back when I've felt it wasn't as described but just don't think it's a
worth all the hassle. I only buy now when you've got lots of clear pics and a very detailed description that means I don't have to continually ask questions.

I have rarely left bad feedback but I definitely would in this case. The seller has clearly misrepresented the bag and I would make sure other buyers were aware of potential difficulties. Neutral feedback doesn't affect their feedback score and isn't severe enough IMP when a seller is being difficult. If they had simple apologised and accepted a return it would be a different matter

Good Luck Becky, hope it's sorted soon.

In that case I might make it negative then :? Seems a bit cruel but as you say he's not been very helpful.

I think I was just a bit naive with this bag - I was actually willing to bid more, I'm so glad it didn't go higher!

In that case I might make it negative then :? Seems a bit cruel but as you say he's not been very helpful.

I think I was just a bit naive with this bag - I was actually willing to bid more, I'm so glad it didn't go higher!

Keep us posted on the outcome, sure it will be okay.

It happens to us all, we live and learn.

It actually is a stunning bag in the right condition. I absolutely adore mine...................this is what it should look like. The pic was taken a few months who but it still looks the same.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 307
Quick update:

The case should have been settled but today but it says 'We need a little more time and will e-mail you shortly.' I'm hoping this just means they're particularly busy but if they've not got back to me by the middle of the week I will find them to see if they need anymore information.

Fingers crossed! :smile:

A HAPPY UPDATE!

The case went in my favour :smile: I have to send it back by collect plus within 9 days, eBay are covering the return postage :smile: yay!
So pleased it's all sorted for you. Not sure about this new collect plus postage, I would just check the bag is covered for the full amount for postage and gets a signature at the other end, that way the seller can't claim to have not received it. I prefer special delivery then you know you're fully covered. :biggrin:

So pleased it's all sorted for you. Not sure about this new collect plus postage, I would just check the bag is covered for the full amount for postage and gets a signature at the other end, that way the seller can't claim to have not received it. I prefer special delivery then you know you're fully covered. :biggrin:

That's what I was a little bit worried about but it says in the message from eBay that I must send it by them... :huh: