newbie Bal lover needs some help!

gracefully

in LVoe :)
O.G.
Feb 27, 2010
Hi everyone! I'm new on tPF, even newer here at the Bal forum :yahoo: as I'm usually over at the LV forum.

I recently ordered (today actually) a covered hardware City, but I haven't seen many here according to my creepy lurking skills :graucho: It's in transit to me now, but I'm just curious if it is a popular choice? This would be my first "bbag" (haha am I getting this right?), and I'd love to hear your input!

I'm a uni student who is 5'2 and about 100lbs, was the City a good choice for me?

Should I share what color I got? I thought I wouldn't for now as my first reveal wouldn't be as exciting :nuts:

I'd love to see any pictures of you and your Cities! Or even other ones, like Part Time, Work etc., what are the pros and cons of each?

Also, I fell in love with the Bals because they look so fun, and the different charms look so cute on them too! What kind of charms do you guys typically hang on your baby?

Thank you everyone for your input! :heart: It's much appreciated!! :love:

Congratulations and welcome!

I think Cities are a popular style. But some of us tend to be a tad leery of the covered giant hardware (CGH), because it is more delicate and requires slightly more care to prevent the leather from peeling off. But having said that, I think the intricate perforated details on the CGH are truly gorgeous. Definitely looking forward to your reveal!

Thanks everyone for your input! I can't wait to do my first Bal reveal!

ieweuyhs- Ohh I've never thought of that possibility, I haven't even seen a CGH IRL, I've tried on the non-covered hardware (lol) ones though. The CGH was just so pretty, and my boyfriend is quite the enabler.. haha. Do you have a CGH and did the leather peel from the hardware? Thanks! :heart:

^^ I got a CGH Money wallet. Yes, it peeled, or as I like to call it, moulting. :P Now you can see the underlying shiny metal hardware.

P1000146.jpg

The picture was taken a while back, but now, one of the CGH is hanging on by a thread and the other has started moulting too. But I quite like the underlying shiny metal, so I don't really mind.

But I think for a bag, it's plastic. But no fear, you can get the hardware changed if yours does peel off. That's what I was told at the local store.

I have a CGH Tempete City but never used it yet since I got it in late December. Still in perfect condition of course but will try to use next week. The issue I believe is not the peeling (the leather cover on the H is thick --thats how it feels to me) but when you accidentally hit it against something then the scratches are caused and/or becomes dirty on the top of the covered hardware. But you can always get a LMB product to remove the stain.

That makes sense that it would happen like that, especially for a lighter colored bag! Eeks..
What color is Tempete? Do you have any pictures? Sorry for being such a noob :sweatdrop:

Congratulations and welcome :smile: Tempête means Storm in french. It's a grey blue. You can see pics of Tempête in the Tempête club for example here :
http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-clubhouse/the-tempete-club-554144.html

If you want to see all the different styles (City, Work...), you should go there :
http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-style-reference/

And to see all our modeling pics (no comments), it's here :
http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/photos-wearing-your-bbags-pictures-only-37346.html

I'm looking forward to seeing your reveal ;)

That makes sense that it would happen like that, especially for a lighter colored bag! Eeks..
What color is Tempete? Do you have any pictures? Sorry for being such a noob :sweatdrop:

no prob....just that very busy now packing as my family and I will be out-of-the-country starting tomorrow until april 10th so will post pics of my Bal bag family, first days after i arrive back home. Am lazy with postings and taking pics,
i apologize but will soon make up for it.:biggrin:

Thanks everyone! :smooch:

Livia1- At first I didn't like the covered hardware too, but I think my personal style matches the bag I got better than if I got the regular hardware (too edgy for me, I think). Why do you not like it?

pbdb-Ooh have a fun and safe trip! I can't wait to see your pics!