newbie: any problems with LV quality from elux?

I've ordered from them a few times and I've never had a problem. However, I don't consider myself a picky buyer. I don't care if the bag is made in the USA, France, or Spain and I don't think I've ever really examined hardware (besides the zippers) on any of my purchases. I just use 'em.

My friend ordered some bags from elux and had no problem with them ;)

And I did an experiment trying to check out from louisvuitton.com, I don't think they charge any sales tax. I'm in Oklahoma now.

I personally will not buy from E-Luxury not because of problems with quality, but because of problems with used bags. Too many people return bags they have used for up to 60 days to E-Luxury and then E-Luxury turns around and sells them as new. I've seen people again and again on the forum talk about returning bags they have used. I think with E-Luxury, it's very easy for people to do because they don't have to face the potential embarrassment of facing a sales assistant with a clearly used bag to return it, plus the return time (how long you have) is shorter at a boutique. With E-Luxury, because it is a "disembodied warehouse," people feel more comfortable with doing it than they would if they had to face the possibility of someone telling them they wouldn't do a return because the bag had signs of use. I always cringe when I see threads where people have used their bags, sometimes a lot, and then are returning them. E-Luxury really doesn't care; they just want to get the bags out the door. I have heard of so MANY cases of people getting bags from them with clear signs of being used. To me, the tax savings is not worth getting someone else's rejected, used bag. I'd rather pay tax, make the drive to the boutique, and get to pick out a new, fresh bag. LV bags are just too expensive to think about scrimping on tax and get something used. I would always wonder how much it had been used, even if it looked new. While you might get a used bag from a boutique, it's less likely it's been abused because the boutiques are so careful about inspection before return, and I don't think people have the negative "moxie" to go in - in person - and return something they've used. I stay away from E-Luxury for those reasons alone.