New YSL shopping tote - thoughts??

I have this bag (in the Bordeaux / wine / burgundy color --- seems like ysl / saks / nm all call it something different!)

I've only used it once or twice but I'm happy with it for the price. It's pretty floppy / unstructured when empty, very lightweight.

Hope that and picture helps. let me know if you have other qs!

The color looks AMAZING. How is the inside? How much can it carry? Mod pics?

Hi! Has anyone seen this new large shopping tote? I've been looking for a simple, classic leather black tote and this one fits the bill. The price isn't terrible at under $1,000. My fear is that the soft calf leather will show scratches like crazy. I would use this for work and travel. What do you YSL experts think of this tote? Pic borrowed from the YSL web site. TIA! :smile:
Love this tote classic :smile:

This bag was super interesting to me as my Celine Cabas Phantom gets VERY heavy for being a "lightweight" tote. As far as the leather goes, this feels much more durable than the Celine Pebbled leather which I feel was already getting beat up in a couple months. I did a fingernail scratch test and NOTHING...the leather looks smooth but has a rough finish like saffiano leather. It is also VERY lightweight! I'm going to do a test run when I get home to see what fits, etc, but so far looks like a keeper! Also got it on netaporter for $950 with no tax :biggrin:.

I received mine yesterday in black color, purchased from Bergdorf Goodman online ( there is no tax since there is no actual store in my state), i am very happy with the bag, perfect size, not heavy, looks very classic, glad i made the purchase without knowing how the inside of the bag would look like. the zip pouch that comes with it is also very nice. definitely worth the price consider LV neverful is like over $1200 now. and this can be everyday bag too.

I was just browsing Bergdorf's Saint Laurent section and saw the crocodile print version like the picture. I think I am in love... Wish the price tag was a bit lower but for the brand and the scratch resistant leather like this, I wouldn't mind paying a bit more than the LV neverfull which is canvas. I think size comparison wise, the width is the same as LV nf gm but height is that of the mm size.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-09 at 12.04.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-09 at 12.04.23 AM.png
    309.3 KB · Views: 8,984
I ordered this the tote in black from net a porter and it arrived this morning. I absolutely love the simplisticness of the bag and the price is what drew me to it but I'm still unsure whether or not to keep it. It's quite a floppy bag and the security aspect concerns me a little as someone could quite easily slip their hand in. The little pouch on the inside would fit in my phone and a card holder nicely but if I wanted to take my large purse out with me it wouldn't fit so I'd be paranoid about it getting stolen. I'd love to here some of your opinions on the bag to help make up my mind.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8,687
Here's a mod shot for all you asking for it. As you can see it's quite a large bag so it will fit plenty in it. If you would like anymore pictures just let me know

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    959.5 KB · Views: 8,697
Hi everyone,

I am new to Purseforum and this is my first post. I'm so happy to find all you fellow bag lovers!! I have just bought this Saint Laurent shopping tote in tan from matches fashion and am over the moon with it. When I first took it out of the packaging I was a little surprised by the floppiness of it, but I packed it with some stuff, like the typical things I might carry in it and am really happy. The little zipped pouch is really sweet too, and I like the YSL charm that's in the leather fob on the front. I would recommend this bag to anyone who is interested in it, I think it's really classic and a great work bag, and will wear quite well as it doesn't seem too fragile. I was surprised at the price - it seems very good for Saint Laurent.

I hope that helps anyone who is thinking of buying the shopping tote :smile:

Reactions: JazzyMac