New YSL bags on BLuefly site

Does anyone else think the Totem looks like Cap'n Crunch's hat? I hope it's not just me.

sketchblog015capn-239x300.jpg

So, my Majorelle in brown (from Bluefly) arrived & it is really beat up. I think it may just be the leather, but it's going back. I was a bit disappointed, but I just logged in & the teal patent Majorelle popped back up so into the shopping cart it went.

Just a question... The serial number & made in italy imprint on my other YSL's (purchased from YSL directly or Nordstrom) are very clear & deep. The one on my bluefly bag is faint at best. I can't read it at all. Should I be concerned about authenticity? Or is this depending on the leather? The inside tag appears to be a different leather than my other YSL's.

YIKES....I can understand the beat up scenario, not agree with shipping that out but understand how it can happen....I was looking at something at Saks that was definetly 'display worn', I would never have purchased it and they did not have another. However, I have bought from Bluefly several times before and have not had a problem with authenticity........

Anyone else have this problem?

I would not be concerned with authenticity from Bluefly. The balenciaga fiasco was a long time ago and I'm sure they're more than learned their lesson. I purchase regularly from them, they often have great deals and discounts and many rare items. I wouldn't worry. If you're really concerned, maybe take it to a boutique? Do they authenticate?

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I figured they had their act together, but you never know! : ) I think the problem with the brown is because it is such soft leather. I think it is prone to scratches/wear. I have 2 YSL patent bags and love how durable they are. So, the teal patent is probably a better fit. Plus, it ended up being less $$ anyway (bonus).

prodImage.ms

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I figured they had their act together, but you never know! : ) I think the problem with the brown is because it is such soft leather. I think it is prone to scratches/wear. I have 2 YSL patent bags and love how durable they are. So, the teal patent is probably a better fit. Plus, it ended up being less $$ anyway (bonus).

I purchased a black patent Majorelle from Bluefly and it was in perfect condition, so I think you'll be happy with the teal when it arrives. Mine just wasn't right for me and I ended up sending it back, but I would have been hard pressed to find any imperfections. I can't wait to see pics, I'm sure it will be gorgeous in teal!

Does anyone else think the Totem looks like Cap'n Crunch's hat? I hope it's not just me.

chinsumo, you are awesome. I would say there are definite similarities!

Keep an eye on bluefly. I've seen these colors pop up and down on the site off and on for a couple of days now. Not sure if it helps, but here's a link just in case it doesn't come up in a search. Sometimes I have better luck getting items through a link rather than relying on a standard search.

Here's a link to the teal:

http://www.bluefly.com/Yves-Saint-Laurent-teal-textured-patent-leather-Majorelle-tote/cat20442/301145601/detail.fly?cm_mmc=CJ-_-1909792-_-2178999-_-Yves+Saint+Laurent+teal+textured+patent+leather+%27Majorelle%27+tote&referer=cjunction_2178999_10436858_21936749

prodImage.ms

Hi fdfriedrich congrats on your purchase, it's a beautiful bag, in fact for this colour I broke my rule of no more than one bag/style and got it. Now I can use my Majorelle Magenta for the summer and this one for the winter.
But I wanted to ask does anybody know where you can find the bag in teal expect Bluefly?
They are sold out and a friend of mine from the Boston MA area wants one.

Many thanks :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile: