New york :)

CChanty

Dec 23, 2011
Hey Dolls,

Ill be heading to New York next weekend for a mini vacation with my bestie :biggrin: My main goals are to purchase my 7th Chanel classic flap and 5th pair of Louboutins :cool:. This will be my first shopping experience in New York. I am not sure where to go to purchase my Louboutins. I am aiming for a pair of Daffodils or some crazy looking platform. I was reading the reviews online of the two boutiques in New York, NY and everyone seemed to feel the staff was rude and recommended to go to Saks. I am not sure if its true. I do want to go somewhere with a great selection and hopefully my size (39.5) available. So please give me advice. Especially if you have been to any recent boutiques recently. It will be much appreciated :smile:

I went to Horatio, Madison, and BG last summer. BG had OK service, but I didn't see anything worth trying. My experience with Madison was really bad, and it made me very upset because I've bought from them a few times (over the phone). Horatio was an awesome experience! I love the neighborhood it's in (Meatpacking District), and the manager is a really nice guy. I also went with my gf, who bought her first pair of CLs at the time, and the sales staff was very accommodating and sweet.

Hey Dolls,

Ill be heading to New York next weekend for a mini vacation with my bestie :biggrin: My main goals are to purchase my 7th Chanel classic flap and 5th pair of Louboutins :cool:. This will be my first shopping experience in New York. I am not sure where to go to purchase my Louboutins. I am aiming for a pair of Daffodils or some crazy looking platform. I was reading the reviews online of the two boutiques in New York, NY and everyone seemed to feel the staff was rude and recommended to go to Saks. I am not sure if its true. I do want to go somewhere with a great selection and hopefully my size (39.5) available. So please give me advice. Especially if you have been to any recent boutiques recently. It will be much appreciated :smile:

I would definitely go to the boutiques. Yes, reputations are variable but I've had good experiences with both boutiques. Madison did make a mistake recently but they were very apologetic about it. Sometimes these boutiques are crazy busy and so SAs are multitasking. When I was at Horatio last week, at one point it felt like standing room only! Honestly, I've been at Bergdorf's, Saks and Barneys and at all stores had experiences where multiple SAs approached me asking if I needed help and also times where I had a hard time getting an SA's attention even when I was determined to buy a shoe.

One way to assist in getting an SA's attention is to march straight towards multiple shoes you are interested in, gather them up, plop them on the floor and then confidently try them all on looking in the mirror while turning the shoes at multiple angles :lol: Guilty as charged :P Although no guarantee, at least you know how many styles you like/don't like!

If time is limited, the most efficient route is Madison boutique (Madison and 74-75th), then next to Barney's (Madison and 61st), then to Bergdorf's (5th av and 58th) and then to Saks (5th av and 50th)...:giggles:

I would definitely go to the boutiques. Yes, reputations are variable but I've had good experiences with both boutiques. Madison did make a mistake recently but they were very apologetic about it. Sometimes these boutiques are crazy busy and so SAs are multitasking. When I was at Horatio last week, at one point it felt like standing room only! Honestly, I've been at Bergdorf's, Saks and Barneys and at all stores had experiences where multiple SAs approached me asking if I needed help and also times where I had a hard time getting an SA's attention even when I was determined to buy a shoe.

One way to assist in getting an SA's attention is to march straight towards multiple shoes you are interested in, gather them up, plop them on the floor and then confidently try them all on looking in the mirror while turning the shoes at multiple angles :lol: Guilty as charged :P Although no guarantee, at least you know how many styles you like/don't like!

If time is limited, the most efficient route is Madison boutique (Madison and 74-75th), then next to Barney's (Madison and 61st), then to Bergdorf's (5th av and 58th) and then to Saks (5th av and 50th)...:giggles:

Ill defiantly try your tactic :biggrin: Thanks so much for the advice

I went to Horatio, Madison, and BG last summer. BG had OK service, but I didn't see anything worth trying. My experience with Madison was really bad, and it made me very upset because I've bought from them a few times (over the phone). Horatio was an awesome experience! I love the neighborhood it's in (Meatpacking District), and the manager is a really nice guy. I also went with my gf, who bought her first pair of CLs at the time, and the sales staff was very accommodating and sweet.

Thanks for the advice. Ill def. visit the boutique on Horatio st. :smile:

i can't believe i've been here for over 10 years and have not been to Jeffreys lol need a shopping buddy???

My advice would be to focus on just what you said - the experience! Have fun and def go to Horatio, but you should totally hit the triumvirate: Saks, BG & Barneys - all within walking distance of one another :heart:

:roflmfao: lol, yup this works like a charm!

BTW if you go to BG ask for Tonya, she was so sweet and helpful when I called there a few weeks ago!

LOL thank you guys for all the advice.:biggrin: You've been super helpful

I had another question.

Is it hard to find Daffodils or the Highness platform in stores/boutiques in New York. Ive never been able to score a pair online because they sell out so quickly. I was wondering if I will experience the same problem in NY?

LOL thank you guys for all the advice.:biggrin: You've been super helpful

I had another question.

Is it hard to find Daffodils or the Highness platform in stores/boutiques in New York. Ive never been able to score a pair online because they sell out so quickly. I was wondering if I will experience the same problem in NY?

Daffs will be a little more challenging to find these days. Anyhoo, if you want you can check the New Styles thread because last week I posted all the shoes I remembered seeing when doing the NYC CL tour :giggles: It will be easier to find Daf Sling and Highness for sure though.

CocoPari in New Jersey had the glazed Cork Daffs but I don't know which sizes. If you know your sizing in Daffs and like the cork ones you could always ask them to ship to you while in NYC.

Daffs will be a little more challenging to find these days. Anyhoo, if you want you can check the New Styles thread because last week I posted all the shoes I remembered seeing when doing the NYC CL tour :giggles: It will be easier to find Daf Sling and Highness for sure though.

CocoPari in New Jersey had the glazed Cork Daffs but I don't know which sizes. If you know your sizing in Daffs and like the cork ones you could always ask them to ship to you while in NYC.

Thanks Ill check out the thread and thanks for the advice :biggrin: