New York Spas

Minnie

O.G.
Jan 25, 2006
I have a gift certificate to Great Jones Spa!! I am excited. I have never been to a spa like this to get a message and facial. I have looked over their services and I can't seem to decide what to get!:nuts: :confused1:

What massages do you ladies recommend?? Have you ever been to the Great Jones Spa or have heard any reviews about it. I have $300 dollars to spend. Are spa services taxed?? I assume they are but can you cover them with your gift certificate? I have so many questions. I am also considering going on a week day because I don't want it to be crowded or for my session to be cut short. Do you recommend going at in the early afternoon or in the evening??

Great Jones River Rock Facial
60 minutes, $150

90 minutes, $215* *includes foot and lower leg massage.

This deluxe treatment includes your choice of Jurlique, Naturopathica, or Spa Technologies products and improves upon a traditional facial by incorporating massage with heated basalt and cool marble stones. After cleansing, exfoliation, and extraction, cold stones are used to reduce inflammation. The face is then massaged with alternating hot and cold stones. Cold stones relax and tone muscles and reduce puffiness, congestion, and inflammation. Hot stones rapidly stimulate the nervous system to increase blood and lymph circulation, which helps repair damaged cells and improve the face and skin?s appearance. Following the facial massage, an appropriate mask is applied to hydrate, repair, and renew the skin. While the mask works, the neck, d?collet?, upper back, arms, and hands are massaged with warm stones. This fabulous treatment improves circulation and lymphatic drainage, invigorates cellular renewal, and re-balances the root cause of skin conditions, leaving you with clean, revitalized and luminous skin with a more refined texture and vibrant, healthy glow.

Dr. Alkaitis Organic Skin Food Facial
60 minutes, $130

This results-oriented purifying facial uses biologically active products that are edible, easily absorbed by the skin, and act as their own living targeted delivery system. The bioactive botanical solutions reactivate your skin's own rejuvenating abilities, restore balance on a cellular level, and leave you with radiant, beautiful skin.

Jurlique Aromatic Deep Cleansing Facial
30 minutes, $100

60 minutes, $130

This relaxing facial detoxifies, heals, and re-mineralizes the skin, leaving it free of impurities with the use of active enzymes and potent nutrients. With emphasis on hydration and balancing the skin's pH, this treatment is essential for the maintenance of soft, radiant, and healthy skin. This treatment promotes exfoliation, deep pore cleansing, hydration and restoration.

Jurlique Deluxe Anti-Oxidant Facial
90 minutes, $195

Sun exposure, pollution, poor diet, smoking and daily stress can all trigger the release of free radicals causing damage to cells and tissues or premature aging of the skin. This intensive therapeutic treatment is rich in natural anti-oxidants to nourish nutrient-deprived skin. Carefully selected organic ingredients and naturally supercharged anti-oxidants rich in minerals (grape seed, green tea, and turmeric), assist in re-establishing the moisture balance required to re-hydrate and restore all layers of the skin. This treatment is excellent for sensitive and allergic skin types.

Jurlique Purifying Back Treatment
60 minutes, $140

This purifying and relaxing treatment is ideal for problem skin. The back is cleansed and exfoliated to help stimulate circulation and cell renewal. A calming massage is followed by a healing mask to restore this often neglected area.

Naturopathica Pure Results Enzyme Facial
60 minutes, $160

This deep-cleansing treatment uses natural fruit enzymes to clear the skin of cellular buildup that causes blackheads and breakouts. The treatment includes essential fatty acids and is fortified with a melange of beta carotenes to help correct environmental damage to the skin. Using 100% natural plant-based products free of synthetic ingredients, this clarifying treatment will nourish the skin from the inside out. Especially beneficial to eliminate impurities, restore balance, and nourish dull, devitalized skin.

Naturopathica Skin Renewal Power Peel Facial
30 minutes, $100

60 minutes, $180

Remove unwanted layers of dull, flaky skin and stimulate cellular renewal with this rejuvenating 15% enzyme peel. All natural Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids gently exfoliate dull, flaky skin to stimulate cellular renewal and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Soothing Aloe Vera gel eliminates irritation making this rejuvenating treatment suitable for most skin types.

Naturopathica Men's Rescue Facial
60 minutes, $130

This effective treatment is designed to deep-clean and soothe aggressive exposure related to sports and shaving. Pure plant based products fortified with vitamins and antioxidants ensure visible results. Exfoliation, facial massage and re-hydration complete this purifying treatment. Tea Tree Oils are used to free the skin of impurities and a clarifying Cypress serum is used to moisturize the skin. This session leave the skin refreshed and invigorated.

Those are the facials ^. These are the massages

Swedish Massage
30 minutes, $100
60 minutes, $130
90 minutes, $190
This relaxing therapeutic massage utilizes traditional Swedish massage technique and involves the manipulation of soft body tissues (muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia) with the hands. This massage is ideal for relaxing tense muscles, easing stress and tension, relieving pain, and improving sleep. Increased circulation aids the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to all cells and cleanses tissues of cellular metabolic waste to help you achieve relaxation and an overall sense of well-being.

Deep Tissue / Sports Massage
30 minutes, $100
60 minutes, $140
90 minutes, $200
The deep tissue massage works on the deeper layers of tension and provides a vital therapeutic benefit. Combined with Swedish technique, focused massage is applied to deeper muscles and connective tissue using arnica oil for relief of chronic pain. This is ideal for those who prefer deeper muscular work or who are challenged by high levels of daily stress, and is especially suitable for athletes. Pre-event sports massage helps athletes avoid injury; post-event massage promotes quick recovery. Regular maintenance massage over time enhances performance, promotes the health and agility of an athlete at any level, and expedites rehabilitation after injury.

Pre- and Post- Natal Massage
30 minutes, $100
60 minutes, $130
90 minutes, $190
During pregnancy, massage can help alleviate discomfort by easing stress on the joints and reducing neck, shoulder, and lower back tension. Additionally, pre-natal massage promotes circulation and lymphatic drainage, and enhances the well-being of mother and child.

Post natal massage is designed to help return distended muscles to their normal state and speed the body's return to structural homeostasis. Post-natal massage also helps circulatory and lymphatic drainage.

Aromatherapy Massage
30 minutes, $100
60 minutes, $140
90 minutes, $200
Indulge in this total body experience that combines the full benefits of massage and aromatherapy. A customized blend of essential oils hydrates and moisturizes your skin. A full body massage energizes, detoxifies, and relaxes. Cleansing regimens assist in relieving stress while aiding overburdened digestive, circulatory, and lymphatic systems. This wonderful treatment combats the stresses of modern life and re-energizes the mind, leaving you with a complete feeling of well-being and vitality.

Aromatic Hot Towel Infusion Massage
60 minutes, $140
90 minutes, $200
The ultimate relaxing experience that combines a deep, vigorous massage with steaming hot towels steeped in aromatic herbs and essences to nourish and balance the body. Feel your body sigh in relief as moist heat deeply relaxes muscles and encourages local circulation to remove lactic acid build-up. Inhaled essential oil blends enhance emotional well-being by relaxing and energizing the mind.

Reflexology
30 minutes, $100
60 minutes, $130
90 minutes, $190
The palms of the hands and soles of the feet express reflex points that correspond to all of the organs and systems of the body. Reflexology is the art of applying acupressure to these reflex points to stimulate their corresponding functions, thus relieving stress and muscular tension, improving circulation, and encouraging the unblocking of nerve and energy pathways. Highly relaxing, reflexology is preventive health care that activates the body's own healing powers.

Shiatsu
60 minutes, $130
90 minutes, $190
Based on the traditional Japanese technique designed to balance your "ki", or vital energy, Shiatsu harmonizes breathing, energy meridians, and vital points on the body to develop vital force and aid the body in healing itself . Shiatsu therapy combines traditional massage techniques with stretching and weight counterbalancing to encourage greater harmony of energy, circulation, flexibility, and postural integrity. Using elbows, knees, feet, fingers and thumbs, your therapist concentrates on your body's acupuncture points. Sessions are performed on a floor mat with the client comfortably dressed.

Thai Massage
60 minutes, $130
90 minutes, $190
Thai massage is an ancient holistic therapy that promotes wellness and vitality by helping the body return to a state of balance, harmony, flexibility and health. This ancient therapy combines yoga stretches, muscle massage, and stimulation of the meridians by the use of acupressure points and manipulation of the joints. A wide variety of stretching movements and pressure points produce a uniquely relaxing yet energizing and highly effective therapeutic treatment. Thai Massage is performed in gentle, rhythmic movements, and gives you an energizing, balanced, and dynamic experience for both body and soul. Sessions are performed on a floor mat with the client comfortably dressed.

Hot Stone Therapy Massage
60 minutes, $150
90 minutes, $210
This unique and effective technique consists of applying oils and hot stones to the body to help balance the energy centers, leading to total relaxation. Basalt stones are heated and strategically placed on the body to promote relaxation of the deeper tissue layers of the body. The stones are also used as massage tools for deeper penetration of the muscles. Cold stones may also be used for the reduction of swelling. Swedish massage techniques and aromatherapy oil induce a deep sense of relaxation. The entire process stimulates blood circulation, creating a chemical reaction that encourages the body's innate healing function.

Deep tissue massages hurt.......I would go for the facials and maybe some fantastic pedicure. To me you can get a massage anywhere but to have such a selections of facials would be the thing I would feel changed by, I think facials are great. Also if they have some unique pedicures, something like warm milk with rose petals and all the stuff of a regular pedicure but done at a spa level not hair salon pedicure.
Just my thoughts, I am sure anything you get will be great.
Enjoy.

I recommend Swedish Massage and Reflexology. I had a hot stone massage once and part of the massage was to put stones on different areas including in the palm of my hands. I found that placing the stones in my hands each time "woke" me up from my relaxation so I will not be doing that again. I don't recommend scheduling a facial AFTER a massage since your face will be in the massage bed. Have a great time at the spa!

Wait i don;t understand " I don't recommend scheduling a facial AFTER a massage since your face will be in the massage bed. Have a great time at the spa!" do you mean the other way around

Yes get the massage first, then facial. I really like hot stone massages. If you want something really relaxing try the aromatherapy. Also, you will get charged tax for your services. So factor that in. Plus tipping is extra also. ETA: a Thai massage is wonderful, but if you are not used to it, it might make you uncomfortable. The person massaging basically is on top of you and pulling and stretching your muscles like yoga movements.

Oh thanks. Yeh well i think I will go for the swedish massage and their river rock facial!! A thai massage sounds inteesting but being a massage virgin ill go for the swedish!!