New York Shopping

Milana89

Jan 26, 2011
Hi fashionistas)

Pls give me an advice. Planning to visit NY at the end of February for the first time, will have a week there. Apart from all know stores (Saks, Barneys, Bergdorf), could you please tell me about some must-visit little shops with interesing american designers? also as i far as i understand, the only outlet being discussed on various forums is woodburry. are there any Saks, Barneys outlets and if there are, how can i find their addresses? googling?

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi fashionistas)

Pls give me an advice. Planning to visit NY at the end of February for the first time, will have a week there. Apart from all know stores (Saks, Barneys, Bergdorf), could you please tell me about some must-visit little shops with interesing american designers? also as i far as i understand, the only outlet being discussed on various forums is woodburry. are there any Saks, Barneys outlets and if there are, how can i find their addresses? googling?

Thanks in advance!!!

It depends on what you want. Century 21 is a must! They have 2 locations in manhattan. Here is the website http://www.c21stores.com/. The Cortlandt Street location is a mecca for fashion for everyone. They have a new location at Lincoln Square but I have't been there yet. Go to both locations if you can. I hope if you go you find deals as January is their sale month.

If you are willing to travel to Brooklyn there is a Century 21 location on 86th street and while in Brooklyn my favorite place to shop is Fox's. They have clothes, shoes, etc. I agree on Soho, you can find small boutiques to the larger labels. They also have a Barneys.

If you are interested in Vintage, Resurrection is a great place to stop and take a look. I can go on and on.

Oh as far as Woodbury Commons goes that is an all day trip cause it's far from the city. You have to take a bus from Port Authority if you want to go. The better sales are during the holidays. Go to the Premium Outlets website and see a listing of the stores before you go. The luxury stores are not worth the trip to me as you can find better deals during the sale at NM, Saks, etc.

Google Clothingline, If you are visiting NYC you have to do a sample sale. They are a few blocks from Macys and 34th Street so you can stop by and take a look.

You may also be in luck Barneys, NYC Warehouse Sale is starting February 14to the 24 at the 255 West 17th Street location.

I can go on and on. Message me what your are looking for and I can make more suggestions. That with the other comments should help you decide.

Hi fashionistas)

Thanks in advance!!!

I didn't realize you were from Moscow, Fox's is where a lot of Russians shop. They also sell Furs. I shop at the Kings Highway location in Brooklyn. Tamara is my favorite SA.

Opening Ceremony, Scoop, Dolce Vita, Dalaga, Uniqlo, TopShop, Oak, Owen are great.

Go to this site and look at the right side bar where it says "Where to Shop". Lots of great recs there: http://ny.racked.com/
Thank you!!!

Intermix is an awesome store! So is kirna zabete and Jeffrey. If you like vintage pieces resurrection is incredible.
Thanks!!

It depends on what you want. Century 21 is a must! They have 2 locations in manhattan. Here is the website http://www.c21stores.com/. The Cortlandt Street location is a mecca for fashion for everyone. They have a new location at Lincoln Square but I have't been there yet. Go to both locations if you can. I hope if you go you find deals as January is their sale month.

If you are willing to travel to Brooklyn there is a Century 21 location on 86th street and while in Brooklyn my favorite place to shop is Fox's. They have clothes, shoes, etc. I agree on Soho, you can find small boutiques to the larger labels. They also have a Barneys.

If you are interested in Vintage, Resurrection is a great place to stop and take a look. I can go on and on.

Oh as far as Woodbury Commons goes that is an all day trip cause it's far from the city. You have to take a bus from Port Authority if you want to go. The better sales are during the holidays. Go to the Premium Outlets website and see a listing of the stores before you go. The luxury stores are not worth the trip to me as you can find better deals during the sale at NM, Saks, etc.

Google Clothingline, If you are visiting NYC you have to do a sample sale. They are a few blocks from Macys and 34th Street so you can stop by and take a look.

You may also be in luck Barneys, NYC Warehouse Sale is starting February 14to the 24 at the 255 West 17th Street location.

I can go on and on. Message me what your are looking for and I can make more suggestions. That with the other comments should help you decide.

I didn't realize you were from Moscow, Fox's is where a lot of Russians shop. They also sell Furs. I shop at the Kings Highway location in Brooklyn. Tamara is my favorite SA.

This was so helpful, thank you so much!!!

Oh thanks for this Thread ! My boyfriend and me visit NYC on 28 march till 13 april..
Living in Brooklyn at his uncle :smile:

I love shopping!

Go to Fox's if you will be in Brooklyn. It is on Kings Highway. Oh BTW they only accept cash and debit cards. They sell designer shoes, clothes, jewelry and accesories.

I like to go to BF on 5th and I will tell you why!
On 5th ave there are so many flag ship stores, which tourists will go ( not a bad thing) but if you want to buy a bag you want... it will probably be sold out =-= !
I go to BF esp for chanel :smile: usually more options !
just a tip if you are planning to buy anything :biggrin: !

Soho is not bad ! but i find their chanel store is always lacking choices -___- I always end up at 5th ave
I live right by soho and ps soho dosen't have all the designer stores ! no dior, no ysl =-= if you don't have time, go to 5th ave + 57th area !

Persoanally, i can live without century 21.. Very crowded, long wait for fitting room, and you have to be willing to dig .. Been a couple of times and for me, it just isn't worth the limited time i have in NYC or the effort to get there if you are staying in midtown. when i go to NYC, i like to seek out the unique.

That said, if you are going to Ground Zero, then yes, stop by and check it out.. It's right across the street. There are definitely those who love it wnd it might be your style.