New Year's Eve dresses

sonya

Feb 23, 2006
What are you wearing for New Year's Eve?

I'm going to a big party, looking for suggestions/inspiration.

Thanks!

Nov 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
I would stay away from black. When I go out on New Years (and Valentine's day for that matter) it seems like all the women are in short black dresses. I feel like I just blend into the rest of the room. Silver and gold are good. For our Christmas party this year I am wearing gold. I also like red. I tend to go shorter rather than longer for New Years. But of course these are only my opinions :smile:

Sunshine

O.G.
Feb 1, 2006
We rented a house in Cozumel...I will be in a very summery dress, barefoot, on the beach!

Sunshine

O.G.
Feb 1, 2006
lol...it takes all the angst out of agonizing over the perfect dress thats for sure!! Wavy hair, sunkissed skin and a the rest is a breeze!!! :smile:

Mar 19, 2007
nyc.
i bought a strapless colorblock dress from club monaco. It has a black sweetheart bust and the rest is hot pink. That's what I'm thinking about for NY's eve.

claireZk

Jun 18, 2007
We rented a house in Cozumel...I will be in a very summery dress, barefoot, on the beach!
^ Lucky duck! That sounds so fun!!!

Anyway, for New Years Eve parties I like short and sparkly. Any color is fine as long as you have some sparkle! I'm wearing a short gray trapezy dress with silver heels, a silver clutch and lots of sparkly jewelry...

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
I, too, favor short and sparkly. I generally prefer metallics, although bright colors are nice, too. And I also agree that most big NYE parties are a sea of short, black dresses, so I like to choose something a little different from the rest of the crowd.