New Year's CL Resolutons ?

Christina2

O.G.
Sep 18, 2008
Happy New Year to everyone on TPF. Have any of you made a New Years resolution concerning your CL's ? Here's mine
I promise to do my very best to make Hot Chicks my everyday heels. I know this is going to take quite a bit of practice and patience but I feel after wearing them so many days for so many hours I am finally ready for the challenge. Of course I don't want to be overly confident in this. I have given all my other heels (none less that 120mm) to my boyfriend for safe keeping. I also made him promise not to give any of them back to me unless it is a dire emergency. Of course he enjoys seeing me in really high heels so much it was not hard to make him promise - lol. Well, yesterday was my first all Hot Chicks all day so I am on my way - wish me luck. Don't forget to post your CL Resolutions here...

babyS.xx

Mar 3, 2013
A VERY brave resolution! Let us know how it goes!
My new years resolution is just to actually start wearing my Louboutins :smile:
I continually buy them and have amassed a large collection, most of which never see the light of day.
Its a shame they get taken out for special occasions only, many have never been worn.
I'm planning to start wearing my 100mm Pigalles every day, nowhere near as ambitious as your Hot Chicks but a girl has to start somewhere :smile:

MBB Fan

Mar 6, 2012
Happy New Year to everyone on TPF. Have any of you made a New Years resolution concerning your CL's ? Here's mine
I promise to do my very best to make Hot Chicks my everyday heels. I know this is going to take quite a bit of practice and patience but I feel after wearing them so many days for so many hours I am finally ready for the challenge. Of course I don't want to be overly confident in this. I have given all my other heels (none less that 120mm) to my boyfriend for safe keeping. I also made him promise not to give any of them back to me unless it is a dire emergency. Of course he enjoys seeing me in really high heels so much it was not hard to make him promise - lol. Well, yesterday was my first all Hot Chicks all day so I am on my way - wish me luck. Don't forget to post your CL Resolutions here...
Hi, how was your first "all" day? How long did you wear them?
Sounds really quite brave. :smile:

Reactions: XAQUI

Rockpup

Dec 31, 2014
SW Florida
Christina2: Amazing goal, I think everyone here will wish you luck, and Stilly/Engineerinheels will have new company.

I'm hoping to wear my 100's all day, and maybe get 120's for trips to dinner/etc.

Materielgrrl

Aug 31, 2014
...to buy a pair for my youngest sister. That happened just a few minutes ago thanks to my middle sister's SA. I got a great deal for her (2!) and she loves the shoes! My Christmas wish also came true thanks to my middle sister I now have an SA to look out for shoes for me. Dreams do come true.

Now I can focus on carrying less weight in my shoes this year.

Reactions: mal

stilly

O.G.
Aug 20, 2008
East Coast US
I love your New Year's resolution Christina2!!!
I wish you all the luck in the world!
Please keep us all updated on your progress and post some pics.

Reactions: MBB Fan

Christina2

O.G.
Sep 18, 2008
I love your New Year's resolution Christina2!!!
I wish you all the luck in the world!
Please keep us all updated on your progress and post some pics.
So far so good. 6 days - nothing but Hot Chicks. The worse time is the last 2 or 3 hours or so of standing all day at the counter where I work - then wearing them all night till bedtime. I'm sure it will get better - eventually. I just have to focus on the beauty and not the pain, right ?

MBB Fan

Mar 6, 2012
Wow that's great. You do wear them also at home?

As stilly mentioned, some pictures would be nice. :smile:

mama13drama99

Oct 11, 2014
Christina2, your goal is insane, lol, but your plan should actually get you there...and quickly! I am in awe of you. BTW, this was a cute thread. I am going to strive to wear my shoes more. Lately, I've been focusing on buying more flats (I am not a brave as many of you girls) and lower heels. I believe the higher heels I've purchased are not worn because of the height. So my second goal is to decide, before winter is over, to keep or sell them. I too have a few pair of shoes that have not touched concrete (or carpet or wood for that matter). Makes no sense. Oh one more goal, is to send my first pair of shoes to MM7 for the signature read rubber sole.

racquel

Apr 28, 2016
I've become a Hot Chick 130 loyalist myself. LOVE the extreme pitch. That's the purpose of 5" heels (and higher). Feels and looks sexy, total psychological and physical "high"

My previous faves were Pigalle 120 (classic, pre 2013 cut), Pigalle Follies 120. I tried So Kate, but "got out" -- the medium-toe simply gets beaten out by the short-toe Big 3 (Hot Chick, Pigalle, Pigalle Follies). I'm an experienced buyer/wearer -- I only buy shoes I am FANATICAL about (which I will wear all the time). Shame, So Kate is an AWESOME shoe (with a HUGE portfolio of colors/textures/materials) -- the new signature shoe for Louboutin

I gave the Merci Allen 130 SERIOUS consideration. The really small toe-box was appealing, as was the toe-cleavage. However, I felt I would choose the Hot Chick if I faced a choice standing in front of shoe closet. The shoes are PRICEY has heck, so I decided to save $$. However, after Stilly's recent photo expose (TDF!), I MIGHT go for a pair!

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/stillys-pigalle-parade-plus.667601/page-520

I'm doing the "double" -- alternate Hot Chick 130 with Pigalle (or Pigalle Follies). I have other Pigalle-like shoes "Short-toe with toe-cleavage" like

Love Me 120, Tashaf, J String, Ostrich 120 slingback (!!), Mea Culpa (!!).

The Love Me 120 is SO klller (possibly my all time FAVE in terms of design), so pretty/sexy with bow -- the flesh tone mesh shows toes all scrunched up. OMG, TDF!

Like you say, the Hot Chick will make the 120's feel like flats. But, not so much. You need a "lower" heel to accentuate the sexy steep pitch of Hot Chick 130. Otherwise the Hot Chick will feel "nominal", no bueno.

I have 7 pairs of Hot Chicks. 2 each of Leopard patent, black patent, shocking pink patent, 1 black-red Degrade. The pairs differ in size by .5, so the smaller size one will scrunch up my toes with a smaller toe-box. Feels tighter (which is sexy), looks sexier. The larger size has bigger toe-box, slightly higher heel (yay!), fits better. However, both sizes will stretch out nicely -- sizing is good for long term. I alternate between the 2 black-patents, just like I swap the Hot Chick with Pigalle.

I just wear'em at my home office. I wouldn't wear them standing like you do at the jewelry counter! OMG, how do you do that?? One trick, is to stand on one foot, and slip the other foot out of the shoe. Then, alternate. Or, bring a lower heel (Pigalle) and wear that for a spell. Then, pop on the Hot Chicks for instant-gratification of "high heelness". Then, switch back. Repeat. I have a big purse, which can accommodate a 2nd pair of heels.

You need to post some pics. Dying to see them (along with outfits) in the real world. Stilly does an INCREDIBLE job in this respect

Attachments

Reactions: MBB Fan