New year, new BV - Ferro Sloane

LouiseCPH

O.G.
Feb 22, 2012
Happy New Year!

I have long wanted to add a grey bag to my collection, and I have also for a while wondered about the Sloane. (Watching 'Stupid. Crazy. Love' certainly was enabling).

I have done my research her on the PurseForum, and realize it is sort of a love-it-or-hate-it bag, but now I have taken the plunge and managed to get my hands on a beautiful Sloane.

My first impression: great size, comfy shoulder strap, very elegant design. Can't wait to start wearing it [emoji4]

IMG_1483269529.633515.jpgIMG_1483269546.831926.jpg

Mmmm Ferro Sloane. Count me in the "love it" category. Like LLANeedle, it was an early part of my collection. Ferro is one of BV's chameleon colors. I adore the color and also have a pair of the original square toe ballerinas in Ferro, which are pretty much worn out. Enjoy your Sloane, it is a classic!

Reactions: septembersiren
Happy New Year
What a great acquisition
Ferro Sloane in Nappa Umbria
It is a shame that BV no longer makes Nappa Umbria
Softer than Nappa and it has a slight reflective quality to it
I can only think that BV stopped producing Nappa Umbria due to cost
To make Nappa Umbria they took regular Nappa and heated it then beat it with glass rollers
This was one of my favorite leather treatments

Truly a great find
Use it well

Sloane was my first BV so it occupies a special place in my heart! It's a nice and easy to carry bag, enjoy yours in the best of health! Happy New Year!!!

Congrats on your yummy Ferro.
Happy New Year :flowers:

I fondly remember lusting after my ferro Sloan. It was my second BV.

Ferro is a terrific color, and I think the Sloane is an excellent shoulder-carry style (so comfortable), and it looks great arm-carried, too. Enjoy!

Mmmm Ferro Sloane. Count me in the "love it" category. Like LLANeedle, it was an early part of my collection. Ferro is one of BV's chameleon colors. I adore the color and also have a pair of the original square toe ballerinas in Ferro, which are pretty much worn out. Enjoy your Sloane, it is a classic!

Happy New Year
What a great acquisition
Ferro Sloane in Nappa Umbria
It is a shame that BV no longer makes Nappa Umbria
Softer than Nappa and it has a slight reflective quality to it
I can only think that BV stopped producing Nappa Umbria due to cost
To make Nappa Umbria they took regular Nappa and heated it then beat it with glass rollers
This was one of my favorite leather treatments

Truly a great find
Use it well

Thank you very much all of you - the great enthusiasm here on Purseforum about both the bag and the color is what gave me confidence to finally buy the bag! Looking very much forward to adding a pair of beautiful grey shoes and wear both when spring comes....