New workbag - which one would you choose?

lara0112

O.G.
Dec 11, 2006
dear LV lovers

I am in the market for a new durable work bag - must house my 13' macbook plus exam papers during exam season (I am a prof). While I am a gal, I don't really like any of the lady bag choices in that size range, I like my work bag to have simple and timeless shapes.

I am between the following
Vassili Pm in black epi
Porte-Documents Voyage pm mono or
Porte-Documents Voyage pm damier ebene

which would you recommend? (the only other LV bag I have is the new epi speedy in black)

I have to say I like the classic, simple look of Porte-Documents Voyage a lot more than Vassili. It looks very nice in monogram macassar. However, I think it looks a lot more professional in epi. So as a compromise my choice would be Porte-Documents Voyage pm in black epi! :P Other than that, I think that Dandy briefcase in epi noir would also be a nice option.

PDV in macassar!
Thanks for your input :smile:

Mono Macassar; for whatever reason I don't care for the contrast between DE and the black leather
interesting - I thought it is interesting but the mono is more feminine..

I have to say I like the classic, simple look of Porte-Documents Voyage a lot more than Vassili. It looks very nice in monogram macassar. However, I think it looks a lot more professional in epi. So as a compromise my choice would be Porte-Documents Voyage pm in black epi! :P Other than that, I think that Dandy briefcase in epi noir would also be a nice option.

hm, interesting suggestion :smile:. unfortunately I cannot find the epi PDV on the German website, only Taiga and that is too masculine for me. also, I feel the canvas version is more durable as no scratch issues etc. on the other hand the epi is more understated...

will have to try them out to decide :smile:

unfortunately I cannot find the epi PDV on the German website, only Taiga and that is too masculine for me. also, I feel the canvas version is more durable as no scratch issues etc. on the other hand the epi is more understated...

My mistake, I was also browsing the German website, but the epi PDV I've found was not a PM size, but regular. If you want durable canvas that is more understated you should be happy with the DE version. Monogram macassar is very pretty, but it might be too loud for some work environments.
I agree that the best way to decide is to go to the store and try all of them on. You'll feel which bag appeals to you most. Good luck with your decision! :smile: