New Work Bag

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hey Ladies,

I don't own any high end bags... I have a LV Speedy (typical), a Coach black leather bag (not sure the style it was a gift but I LOVE the softness of the leather and the lack of logos) and some Michael Kors bags. But nothing special.... I am ready to invest in my first high end bag to celebrate my new career.

I'm looking for a new bag to celebrate my first adult (post masters) job. I like the look of structured bags, it needs to be big enough to fit folders and a legal pad. I'm looking for something that closes securely as I will be commuting on public transportation a lot.

I want something good quality... My price point is up to $2000-$2500 BUT I would like it to be low profile as the nature of my work requires less time in the office and more time in the field. I will be commuting often and don't want something that standouts like a LV monogram or Chanel for example. Any suggestions??

2. I know this is above my price range I just stated but I adore the Chanel Cerf tote.... I was considering it however the lack of zippers to close off the bag made me shy away from it. I would love something in that style... Especially with a shoulder strap!

3. Congrats on your new career! :smile:
    Cerf tote is a good alternative, but you might also want to look into Mulberry that's a bit under the radar in the US and also very durable, timeless and stylish.

4. Thank you I will take a look at Mulberry now!

5. I love my PS1 Small KeepAll for work purposes. I have it in black, very stealth. Also holds my MacBook Air in addition to folders.

6. yep I agree Mulberry and Proenza are two low key ones. I think Givenchy Antigona is pretty low key. I know it's popular but they look pretty low key to me.

7. Givenchy Antigona! So classy and chic but big enough for all your essentials. I want one for work too! After my current bag breaks down more I will ask hubby for it lol!

8. It doesn't have a top zip, butt the Fendi 2jours is a wonderful bag. I also agree with the Antigona suggestions.

9. #9 Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    The Givenchy looks a bit slouchy.... Its a very nice bag though! I do like the look of the Mulberry bag. I like the flap that covers the top on the Bayswater... I do like the zipper one as well but it looks so similar to the Chanel I feel like I should just save for the Chanel if I'm going to go that route....

I also may consider the Phillip Lim Trapeze bag does anyone have any experience with that one?

I cannot seem to find a bag that is fully closed on the top. I may have to settle for something more open! I suppose I could always layer a scarf on top to hide the contents of my bag. I probably sound super anal but I hate when people can look right into my bag.

10. I love this bag as a work tote - Dior Addict

Attached Files:

11. Attached Files:

12. Cool!:cool::graucho:

13. This is a newly launched brand that's gaining a lot of recognition. It's below your pricepoint but could be a good alternative. Check out Daame.

14. I like the Mulberry suggestions :tup: I would also look into the Ferragamo Sofia. I think the large size is big enough for papers inside, plus it is sturdy, has a flap/zipper top, and low profile.

15. There is a Ferragamo outlet in the mall by my house. I walk past all the time wondering if I should pop in and take a look... I will next time I'm in the mall!