New work bag?

rumncoke

Nov 15, 2019
Hi there

I’ve recently gotten a new job and with that, a healthy increment. Wanted to treat myself with a new work bag, and this time hopefully something that fits a 13” laptop.

My general bag aesthetic is quite slouchy (I love my YSL Niki bag as well as my Givenchy Pandora) but I have considered getting the Celine Belt Bag many times - would anyone here recommend the Mini version for work? Would it carry the weight of a laptop, wallet, keys etc without the risk of the strap snapping?

The other option would be the Sangle ...

TWNG

Dec 14, 2013
I saw a lady on Caltrain one day with her mini belt bag. looks like a 13 MacBook can fit in.

I have the mini belt in Amazone green but just a general rule I follow, I never ever put anything heavy in a designer bag. It will stretch the leather and likely to cause "bubbled" surface

nygrl

all you need is love
Apr 22, 2011
the city
I am not sure about the Belt bag as I do not own one but I can definitely attest to the Phantom Cabas tote. I purchased the medium size in early August as a gift to myself for starting a new job, and it's easily one of my favorites. It's very roomy and sturdy. I've been using it nonstop since I got it, and it still looks brand new. I usually pack it up to the brim most days for work and it's held up very well. It doesn't feel too heavy either. Highly recommend.

BlueCherry

Jan 29, 2015
England
I had the mini belt bag and recently sold it as it was too big for my needs, I bought a nano instead. I would not use that bag for work or a laptop, due to the closure and the triangular shape. I’m just about to sell my small sangle because the strap simply won’t stay on my shoulder and I can’t carry it by hand. I have two cabas belt totes and they are totally awesome. Even though I don’t need big bags anymore I’ll never sell those two. They are ideal for work, travel, gym and just about everything in between. Congrats on the new job

Reactions: eckw