New WOC or Pre-Loved Jumbo?

LuxBagLVr

Chanel-aholic
Nov 15, 2010
Hi guys,

I have recently decided to sell my Medallion tote and Small Classic Flap to update my Chanel collection.

The question is what do I replace these bags with? My choices are either a brand new caviar black quilted WOC (easy to afford, harder to find) or a preloved black caviar Jumbo SHW (found a couple, but both would require a bit more $$ than i would make from selling the two bags)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi guys,

I have recently decided to sell my Medallion tote and Small Classic Flap to update my Chanel collection.

The question is what do I replace these bags with? My choices are either a brand new caviar black quilted WOC (easy to afford, harder to find) or a preloved black caviar Jumbo SHW (found a couple, but both would require a bit more $$ than i would make from selling the two bags)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ooh that's a tough call, they're both great bags. I think in the end it depends what type of bag suits your lifestyle better and what other bags you have in your collection. The jumbo is a gorgeous bag but I actually use it less often than my woc because I love the convenience of crossbodying the woc.

It depends on your lifestyle. I used my jumbo for work day and woc during weekend. Jumbo can fit my ipad mini, keys, wallet, phone, cosmetic case and umbrella (sunglasses). I used my woc when I don't need much during weekend. I'll prefer to get the jumbo first since the price increase. You can get woc anytime and the percentage of the increase isn't as crazy as classic flap. You still can afford it even with new price.

Ooh that's a tough call, they're both great bags. I think in the end it depends what type of bag suits your lifestyle better and what other bags you have in your collection. The jumbo is a gorgeous bag but I actually use it less often than my woc because I love the convenience of crossbodying the woc.

Very true! It is a tough decision...

It depends on your lifestyle. I used my jumbo for work day and woc during weekend. Jumbo can fit my ipad mini, keys, wallet, phone, cosmetic case and umbrella (sunglasses). I used my woc when I don't need much during weekend. I'll prefer to get the jumbo first since the price increase. You can get woc anytime and the percentage of the increase isn't as crazy as classic flap. You still can afford it even with new price.

Thanks for your reply. That's effectively what I am thinking, what will cost me more in the long run? The only con to getting the used jumbo is it doesn't come with the bag or authenticity card. It's sold by a reputable designer consignment site so i know it is authentic, just changes the value down the line if the card and bag are not included..

I would go with the WOC. you're right these are harder to come by (trust me, I've called all the stores on the west coast and couldn't find one) and technically you wouldn't be spending any addition $$ since you're paying with the money you sold from your other bags.

Ultimately its what you really want that matters. this is just my 2 cents :smile:

I would go for the woc, especially if your funds from your bags would cover the cost. It looks like you have a GST so you have a bag that can carry similar amount to a jumbo. The woc is treat for errands. I use mine a lot.

I've been thinking the same recently, and decided to hold off on a pre-owned jumbo just now. You'll always find those around, and it's so much more fun to first get something new from the store with all the trimmings. And yes WOC's are hard to find sometimes - and definitely not often again sold second-hand!

i really love my woc and would recommend one to anyone interested in getting one themselves. But if you prefer larger bags and can see yourself using it more, then get the jumbo.