New with question about Zucca and Mamma Mia

socprof81

Collector w/issues.
Mar 23, 2007
Hi, sorry if this has been asked a million times over, I am torn between the handle/strap size of the zucca versus the mamma mia.
I have a complex with double strap bags to begin with, I have smaller shoulders and chubbier upper arms, (don't fret not putting myself down I've just always had bigger arms) I want to make sure I purchase the right back that will allow for enough room that I don't feel like it is stuck on me or embarassingly won't go on my arm. If anyone could be so kind to let me know the measurement from highest part of strap to where the bag begins that would be so great.

Thanks!

I have both bags and the mamma mia falls a couple inches under your armpit and the zucca hits about a half an inch lower than the mamma mia. The mamma mia is about 7 to 7 1/2 inches and the zucca is 7 1/2 to 8 inches from top of strap to where the bag begins. I was really surprised because I thought the zucca hung a lot lower but its just the bag shape. The mamma mia feels bulkier under your arm vs. the zucca which is a lot slimmer at the top. I think the zucca is more comfy than the mamma mia but is bigger. My arms aren't skinny so you will be fine with either bag. The only bag you would have to worry about fitting on your shoulder would be the dolce. You have to have some seriously small arms for that bag to not be snug. Goodluck!

I have both bags and the mamma mia falls a couple inches under your armpit and the zucca hits about a half an inch lower than the mamma mia. The mamma mia is about 7 to 7 1/2 inches and the zucca is 7 1/2 to 8 inches from top of strap to where the bag begins. I was really surprised because I thought the zucca hung a lot lower but its just the bag shape. The mamma mia feels bulkier under your arm vs. the zucca which is a lot slimmer at the top. I think the zucca is more comfy than the mamma mia but is bigger. My arms aren't skinny so you will be fine with either bag. The only bag you would have to worry about fitting on your shoulder would be the dolce. You have to have some seriously small arms for that bag to not be snug. Goodluck!

thank you kindly! I think I will go with the Zucca then. I'm used to carrying very large bags and phasing that out is hard for me. I like the campeggio and stellina style as well, but I think i will get those in the future. I just bought a timbuk2 bag for work related reasons so I don't need yet another messenger style.

It just sucks because living in Ohio doesn't provide a lot of options. I've been to Macy's and Nordstrom, tried calling and no results. I have to take my chances and order!