New Wallets

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have not bought a Mulberry wallet in a while and was considering one of the new styles. I ordered a couple from .com but when they arrived I was somewhat disappointed.

Firstly the hardware seemed so small and cheap compared to that on the older style which is the brass style.

Also the inside and the leather seemed a bit plasticky.

What do others think and does anyone have one of the new style purses?

2. I have tree continental wallets.
    And a french purse, with front plate.

Saw new ones.
    To be honest, all new coca print-assisted leather looks plasticky to me. And no tree.:shocked:
    Plus, new wallet configurations--pockets, slips, etc.--seem less useful & easy.

3. I agree - the new leathers just look and feel plasticky to me. I really don't like the print-assisted leather - it makes it all look like it belongs inside a car, not on a bag.
    The crossboarded type that is supposed to look hand rolled IMO looks dry and like it is cracking (but that's just my opinion - I might be wrong). Like this one: http://www.mulberry.com/gb/shop/women/small-leather-goods/purses/medium-postman-s-lock-wallet-midnight-tan-racing-green-crossboarded-calf#
    Picture below is of a new Bayswater.
    [​IMG]

I was told in the Westfield store that the hardware has been made lighter. I personally think that makes it feel cheaper. I guess there are some people who like it because it makes the bags and purses easier to carry.

4. I have the new continental wallet with gold lettering on the front and love it!

This is my fist mulberry purse but I think it's lovely :smile: