New vs Preloved Reissue

Well the rest of it looks pretty good, but it's more around the ends that look like they didn't flatten out right and the one end looks like the leather is crumpled some? You could keep waiting and looking at other re-sale places until "the one" comes along. I bought my reissue back in November before the price increase, but I did try what looked to be in excellent condition pre-loved Reissue from Fashionphile first. It was half the price of new, ghw like I wanted, distressed calf skin, black, and all the pictures were accurate of the bag sent. However....., they didn't list that the bag smelled like old leather (it was from 2009 or 2010), sweet bubblegum smell, and some sort of perfume mixture. Not just on the inside, but it reeked through to the outside. Leather smell is great, but not mixed with whatever the other owner threw around in the bag. Back it went to fashionphile and off I went to get my brand new Reissue. Is this a place with free return shipping, or rather allow you to return at all? It does save you a lot, but will you be truly happy? That's what I asked myself. The rest of the bag looks gorgeous though. Best wishes deciding!

Reactions: vanillamochi
Personally I would want my bag to pristine no matter if it is used to or new. So if there is something that bothers you I would t buy just to buy it. I would wait until I found what is prefect and no questions asked

I think this one actually looks good, but take it from someone who has purchased preloved bags— you can’t describe certain things like how stretched out the leather is or smell, as commented above. So you’re taking a risk. I’ve taken this risk and been surprised but overall happy with my purchase, mainly because the price was so reasonable and the issues minor.

have you gone to the boutique to see a brand new one in person? the creasing is normal for reissues, they are folded flat upon arrival to the boutique. I hope this helps...but im my opinion, I would buy preloved, save that 2k, and buy another chanel item. lol

Reactions: DZK
Thanks all! I'm tempted to go pre-loved. I've only seen the caviar reissue and the so black lambskin in the store and it was pretty structured/firm. Sales are final so that is my big hesitation.

Omg, thank you for asking this - have been stalking 225s on Fashionphile, Yoogis and the Real Real due to the price increase. To be honest, based on these comments I'll probably go new (but probably wait until I travel next and can claim VAT back) rather than potentially risk it on a preloved one that I can't be sure about.

But, I always think if you find a preloved bag in the condition and specs you want (and there is a return policy, a la Fashionphile) - go for it.