New vs old

alizhan

Aug 15, 2015
Recently I came across an old Goyard bag (probably made in 2005 based on serial number). I was surprised by the difference between old vs old chevron.

I believe the difference is due to Goyard's use of stencil in 2016 (?) which I recalled was mentioned in some earlier thread.

Anyway here are the close up photos of the two - first pic is the old and second pic is the new

Which do you prefer?

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459484886.119995.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1459484903.167056.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459493811.310334.jpg

I have taken another better shot of the old hand painted chevron. Perhaps the dots are not so consistent painted, I personally find that it's actually more 3D. Looking at it - it's like looking at on old French oil painting .... The newer chevron is just too organized and flat in comparison.

I prefer the new one when it comes to the looks. I am pretty OCD and seeing all the dots not lining up makes me crazy lol.
Durability wise I prefer the old one. The print on the newer canvas wears much quicker.

I prefer the new one when it comes to the looks. I am pretty OCD and seeing all the dots not lining up makes me crazy lol.

Durability wise I prefer the old one. The print on the newer canvas wears much quicker.

That's what I notice too - the newer canvas wears off much quicker. I have a senat that I used daily for last one year + and I can see that the vividness of canvas colour and dots have worn off quite abit. :sad:(

That's what I notice too - the newer canvas wears off much quicker. I have a senat that I used daily for last one year + and I can see that the vividness of canvas colour and dots have worn off quite abit. :sad:(
That really sucks! They should improve the coating on their canvas or go back to the old coating.
Would you mind sharing a picture how it looks after one year? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
That really sucks! They should improve the coating on their canvas or go back to the old coating.

Would you mind sharing a picture how it looks after one year? Thanks in advance!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1459603018.681161.jpg

Here is the close shot of the canvas. You can see that some of the white dots have worn off abit and colour wise is less vivid .... I have to confess that I do not give a lot of TLC to it. :P. But I definitely do not abuse it.

View attachment 3318043

Here is the close shot of the canvas. You can see that some of the white dots have worn off abit and colour wise is less vivid .... I have to confess that I do not give a lot of TLC to it. :P. But I definitely do not abuse it.
Thanks! I see what you mean, but I gotta say that it still looks really good if you compare it with some of the wallets on eBay. :smile: