New Vintage Coach obsession! Need help!

Lholt7976

Jun 24, 2020
So, I’ve recently decided I want to purchase Coach bags from the 90’s (I know, not the best time) but I’m getting mixed reviews on how how to figure out when the bag was made. I understand xxx = month, year, factory xxxx= means model number. I bought a handbag that has the first part of the serial number E3S, but if I go by what the “rules” say my new “old” bag wouldn’t be authentic. The stitching, quality and lining seems right, but I just want to get an idea of when the bag was made? Any help?

Lake Effect

Feb 25, 2017
The Garden State
Hi and welcome! :wave:I understand your question as I have a passion for vintage Coach too. You’ve come to the right place, sort of! This site is divided into topics/ forums. This is not the Coach forum! This link with take you to a thread in the sub-forum specifically for authentification questions in the Coach topic forum. Yes, free authentification, how cool is that? There are volunteers there that will help you. However, there is a guide pinned to the top of the page telling you what to post , ie, pics, source, in addition to the registration number. As you know fake Coach abounds, and some counterfeiters learned what correct reg numbers to use. So that may be a legit reg number used on a counterfeit bag. See you over there!

Last edited: