New "Vibrato" Balenciaga Leather Bags!!!

Hi all! Loving my small black city in vibrato leather. Thinking of purchasing a metallic edge but haven’t gotten a chance to see One in person. Can anyone advise on how different the metallic edge leather is from the vibrato one?

The leather on the vibrato looks Matt and I likel that I can feel the grained texture as I run my fingers on it, doesn’t have the plastic texture that some leathers have - how does the metallic edge feel for those who own it?

Also, this bag doesn’t slouch as much as the lambskin bags but doesn’t feel stiff, and holds the shape well. I have used it for about a year now (not every day though).

Attachments

• D8FE3440-CA45-4248-B45F-2EFB16C84C65.jpeg
    D8FE3440-CA45-4248-B45F-2EFB16C84C65.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 512
Last edited:
Hi all! Loving my small black city in vibrato leather. Thinking of purchasing a metallic edge but haven’t gotten a chance to see One in person. Can anyone advise on how different the metallic edge leather is from the vibrato one?

The leather on the vibrato looks Matt and I likel that I can feel the grained texture as I run my fingers on it, doesn’t have the plastic texture that some leathers have - how does the metallic edge feel for those who own it?

Also, this bag doesn’t slouch as much as the lambskin bags but doesn’t feel stiff, and holds the shape well. I have used it for about a year now (not every day though).
What a fantastic bag & you captured its beauty perfectly in this pic!!:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Reactions: Momarama

this is one stunning beauty!! Gorgeous grains! :heart:

INCREDIBLY excited that I found this bag used on Fashionphile. I have been tracking this bag a long time & this is the first time I have seen a black one on sale used.

I actually saw it the same day I posted my overview of Balenciaga City Materials & used buying guide for the Balenciaga City Metallic Edge on my used designer handbag blog Au Fait Finds. More photos of the Vibrato I tired on at Neiman Marcus in 2016 are in the post + I will be doing a full review soon :smile:

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 10.04.48 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: aksaiyo and fayden
INCREDIBLY excited that I found this bag used on Fashionphile. I have been tracking this bag a long time & this is the first time I have seen a black one on sale used.

I actually saw it the same day I posted my overview of Balenciaga City Materials & used buying guide for the Balenciaga City Metallic Edge on my used designer handbag blog Au Fait Finds. More photos of the Vibrato I tired on at Neiman Marcus in 2016 are in the post + I will be doing a full review soon [emoji2]

View attachment 4072328
Uggg ive been trying to find one as well.......Congratulations...and i cant wait to get one too

I actually saw it the same day I posted my overview of Balenciaga City Materials & used buying guide for the Balenciaga City Metallic Edge on my used designer handbag blog Au Fait Finds. More photos of the Vibrato I tired on at Neiman Marcus in 2016 are in the post + I will be doing a full review soon :smile:

View attachment 4072328

Congratulations! It is a gorgeous bag. I have had this bag for over a year now (since October of 2016) and it gets even better with wear. Enjoy!

I have quite a few Calfskin bags (not the Vibrato - but ones from prior editions), and I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the leather on these bags! Kind of surprised that Balenciaga is now putting "be careful" messages in their bags, but I think they just want to cover themselves. Anyhow, I have found these bags to be quite hardy .. more-so than the Agneau, that is for sure! Plus, over time, the leather becomes so lusciously soft and smooshy .. I'm a huge fan!

PS: Sorry for any grammatical and/or spelling errors; on major pain meds due to back issues - uggh!
Hi CeeJay.......So I am trying to buy my 1 balenciaga bag that I have been saving up for for a while.....I like both the metallic edge and the vibrato leather and there are 2 on the preowned market right now that I love for the same price.

If you had to go for only one will you buy the vibrato or the metallic edge? Thank you so much for any insights or suggestions you may have

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk