new version of Cupid?

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I had not seen any Cupid bags with the zipper pocket on the outside rear for a long time. I thought they stopped making them. Today I saw some at NR. They had blue ones and light pink. Price was lower than before ($189). I was wondering if they made these for discount stores.

They re-released the cupids with the back zippers this spring at a lower price point (similar to the price reduction seen in MAM's).

Perhaps you saw the dusty pink and twilight colors from this past season?

They re-released the cupids with the back zippers this spring at a lower price point (similar to the price reduction seen in MAM's).

Perhaps you saw the dusty pink and twilight colors from this past season?
yes, I think that was it
I didn't look at the tag on the pink but twilight sounds right on the blue
the leather seemed OK

yes, I think that was it
I didn't look at the tag on the pink but twilight sounds right on the blue
the leather seemed OK
I have the "hot red" cupid with the back zipper and I really like it. I like the leather, however, the bag has a very chemically smell (likely from the neon color) that has taken a substantial time to fade.

The other thing I forgot to mention is some of the reasons for the price cut. The inside of the bag now has plastic zipper(s) and no longer are trimmed in leather. Just some cost cutting things I noticed related to the price decreases.

Glad you like your new Cupid.

I got an old school Cupid recently. I got it on ebay and it was supposed to be like new carried only a few times. It came with cracks on the handle edges. Fortunately I was able to have RM repair the handles. Today I discovered a small tear or crack in the piping on the front of the bag near one of the side zippers. I'm quite sure I didn't do anything to cause this. I'm careful with my bags and they usually hold up very well with the only signs of wear after a time being maybe corner wear and some light scratches.
This second problem with the bag is very disappointing. When I got it, aside from the handles being cracked, it did seem to be in excellent condition.
I'm going to dye the exposed under part of the piping and hope it doesn't get worse.