New Trim -- I look frumpy! :-(

How's about a bolide? Some are structured, some not (floppier and more casual).

Re the Evelyn, mine is barenia so that is probably why mine looks fabulous when I'm dressing boho style and not necessarily just pants but casual dresses. However, if I were to jump into a more tailored look: dressier skirt, etc, the evelyn would look out of place/wrong. For that look a pouchette, clutch, kelly or something else altogether.

Ahhh - I get it now. :smile:
I usually wear my Trim with something like skinny jeans, a blazer, neutral colored tee and something like gladiator sandals or booties. Parisian street-style/downtown look. I don't like it as much with skirts and dresses. How about something like a Picotin or leather Garden party tote?

Yes!! The Trim made me think of Parisian chic -- a style which I really like, but can't seem to do with my wardrobe limitations.

I do have a Dalvy, which is quite feminine -- but dressy. I was hoping for feminine, yet casual (but not as casual as my Herbag or an Evelyne). I do like the Garden Party and Picotin, but don't know if they would be too casual -- or redundant, as I do have a couple of Loro Piana Globe bags.

I want pretty, and dressy-casual.....does it exist in Hermes?

Re the Evelyn, mine is barenia so that is probably why mine looks fabulous when I'm dressing boho style and not necessarily just pants but casual dresses. However, if I were to jump into a more tailored look: dressier skirt, etc, the evelyn would look out of place/wrong. For that look a pouchette, clutch, kelly or something else altogether.

I really like the Kelly clutch! But I only see it on resell places and it is SOOO expensive.
I also have two little boys who no longer need constant hand-holding -- so a clutch isn't out of the question (especially since I have this non-H wristlet that I absolutely am smitten with style-wise).

I also don't need a big bag. I don't carry much (gloss, credit card, driver's license, keys and a hankie).

the trim - (and the tsako) suffer from being not quite old enough to have that elusive vintage charm, but at the same time they do not look contemporary enough - thus the danger for frumpiness. As mentioned in my previous post, I tried various versions in different leathers (anyone who lives in London and has access to the dressing box, Liberty's can do the same) and they were ALL frumpy, on me. So I dont think its just the leather. I simply do not want to spend that sort of money for a bag to have that effect on me. :nogood:That said, I am sure some of the ladies here can get it to work and look fabulous. OP any chance of photos?

Lady Sarah,

I went ahead and sent the bag back. I posted some more info about it on the board -- I think it is an issue with my clothing style (not the style that I WANT to be...) and my age. I wanted to take photos but I can't seem to get the lighting situation figured out (only one full length mirror that is in a dark room!).

Would a Marwari fit your lifestyle? I often wear mine with skirts and dresses, and it looks wonderful together. If you already have something dressy (I love the Dalvy--a beautiful, more dressy look), this could be a nice option. Definitely Parisian chic, IMHO--or I hope, as that is what I aspire to most days. I have pictures on the site in my signature--just in case you want to see and judge; some might be on the scarf-a-day thread as well.

I love the Trim II, but I rarely wear her with anything other than jeans, leather, and more masculine type of clothes. Sporting an off-neutral color in a rigid leather helps.

I really like the Kelly clutch! But I only see it on resell places and it is SOOO expensive.
I also have two little boys who no longer need constant hand-holding -- so a clutch isn't out of the question (especially since I have this non-H wristlet that I absolutely am smitten with style-wise).

I also don't need a big bag. I don't carry much (gloss, credit card, driver's license, keys and a hankie).

How do you feel about a Bolide size 27cm or 31cm in a stiffer leather. Classic, not too big, and has an optional shoulder strap for hands free mode. If you don't want casual I would stay away from any shoulder bag. Another option would be a 28cm Plume. If you need a shoulder strap it can be added to the Plume if you like.

How do you feel about a Bolide size 27cm or 31cm in a stiffer leather. Classic, not too big, and has an optional shoulder strap for hands free mode. If you don't want casual I would stay away from any shoulder bag. Another option would be a 28cm Plume. If you need a shoulder strap it can be added to the Plume if you like.

A plume like that would be captivating. And very distinctive.

Agree with babebi - think about a Bolide or Plume. Or Constance. They have structure and polish, but not too overtly "girly". Classy vs frumpy! :graucho:

A Bolide would work perfectly, but if you are also considering clutches why not looking at a Jige? You may be able to find some on Ebay too at nice prices.

Good advice! I have always had Bolide style bags and I know this works for me, but I was wanting something a bit different because I have not been using these style bags for a while -- but I couldn't figure out why.

I decided to look close at my wardrobe again today, because I have a new Farandole necklace and I wanted to see how it looked. I was totally shocked to find that my necklace doesn't work with 85% of my wardrobe (and with almost none of any new clothing I have purchased the past year!).

I didn't realize it, but for the past year or two my style has drifted from a minimalist, tailored classic look (think Carolyn Besette Kennedy or MaiTai) to a romantic, feminine look! I was shocked at the amount of ruffles, lace, and flounces in my clothing! No wonder the Trim II didn't work for me! This might also be why the Bolide style satchels are not working and why the Farandole doesn't look right.

I am at a complete loss as what to do! I have an ombre lizard Kelly Dog Cuff that I LOVE -- but have only worn once. Now I know why! This is terrible!

I don't know if it is a temporary phase, or if this is just an evolution of my true style. Fortunately, I can return the Farandole (which I loathe to do because I love it so much) -- but I cannot return the Kelly Dog.

I am glad for this fashion style discovery --- but at the same time I really like the chic Hermes style that I keep buying things for but don't wear.

Yikes!

A Bolide would work perfectly, but if you are also considering clutches why not looking at a Jige? You may be able to find some on Ebay too at nice prices.

I was looking at the Jige's today on ebay (nice prices!) but it just doesn't look feminine enough for me. As I just mentioned above, I made the discovery today that most of my wardrobe is composed of ruffles and lace! Yikes!! I didn't even notice the transformation from a minimalist to a girly- girl!

Agree with babebi - think about a Bolide or Plume. Or Constance. They have structure and polish, but not too overtly "girly". Classy vs frumpy! :graucho:

I realized today that I am more girly than I thought! I was shocked because I didn't consider myself this way --- guess I was blind to my own self. :sad: The amount of ruffles and lace in my current wardrobe is frightening.

I think I need an intervention!! :P

Would a Marwari fit your lifestyle? I often wear mine with skirts and dresses, and it looks wonderful together. If you already have something dressy (I love the Dalvy--a beautiful, more dressy look), this could be a nice option. Definitely Parisian chic, IMHO--or I hope, as that is what I aspire to most days. I have pictures on the site in my signature--just in case you want to see and judge; some might be on the scarf-a-day thread as well.

I love the Trim II, but I rarely wear her with anything other than jeans, leather, and more masculine type of clothes. Sporting an off-neutral color in a rigid leather helps.

I just realized today that my wardrobe is almost completely girly. :wtf:
I have no idea when all of those ruffles and lace crawled in there (I have always hated lace). I wonder if aliens put them in there??!!:alien:

I also just got a Farandole necklace (120cm....amazing!) and it doesn't go with the majority of my wardrobe! I am so mortified because I LOVE that necklace.

So I have two choices -- either trash my entire wardrobe, or look for jewelery/bags that harmonize.

There is obviously a reason why my style has been changing. I think it is my age and my angular features. Maybe I felt I needed a softer look as I am getting older?

I have no idea.

But now I understand why I can never get my Kelly Dog cuff to work out, despite loving it.

This is quite distressing.

I think you need to settle on our style/look in clothes before you try anymore expensive handbags.

I will say that I think ruffles/lace etc can actually look "aging" for someone in her 40's - sort of like trying to recapture the first bloom of youth.

Play with your clothes. Try a frilly blouse with a very tailored skirt. Is there a reason you never wear pants? A lace or frilly pants can look very chic with a pair of beautifully tailored pants.

Once you get your wardrobe in hard, you'll know which Hermes works for you.