New Trianon bag?

Candace30

O.G.
Oct 20, 2011
Hi Everyone!

I haven't seen any discussion of the new Trianon bag (basically an empreinte version of the discontinued Pallas). Has anyone seen this in person? What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
I'm planning on looking at it tomorrow (and maybe buying it) and I've been curious why there doesn't seem to be much discussion on this bag. What are people's honest thoughts? I love open reach, top handles, crossbody, and empriente bags. My all time favorite bag is my noir empriente Montaigne bb for all of these reasons and I've been looking for a light colored bag that fits all this criteria and this one seems to. Looking at the ivory color but I really like the bicolor. I've been considering the onthego pm size but it just didn't quite check all the boxes for me. What are your thoughts on the bag? For the record - I'm older and a professional/career woman who looks for bags to work in professional environments, casual/shopping/hanging out with girlfriends too.

I don’t want to repost pictures from another source, but saw some pictures of the Trianon in the LV subreddit, and wow, the bags seems to have structure loss even brand new. Will update the post if I get a chance to go see for myself in person.

Reactions: mixlv
I don’t want to repost pictures from another source, but saw some pictures of the Trianon in the LV subreddit, and wow, the bags seems to have structure loss even brand new. Will update the post if I get a chance to go see for myself in person.
You know. - that's an excellent point about the structure loss. I saw an LV Instagram account - don't remember which one - where she was showing the bags brand new at the store and there was some sagging that I noticed. I'm going to go look today but I am being so picky and particular about items I am buying these days that nothing is really making me want to hand over my credit card and bring it home with me. But I am going to go look at it today and get my curiosity about this bag out of my system. I'm still considering the ONTHEGO PM size in a neutral color but even something about that bag is holding me back.... I do think the over $3k price tag for both is making me pause and really think hard about it.

Reactions: Candace30
I would really like to know if that sagging is true. I have a Petit Palais in empreinte and no sagging at all and the Trianon has a similar structure.

You know. - that's an excellent point about the structure loss. I saw an LV Instagram account - don't remember which one - where she was showing the bags brand new at the store and there was some sagging that I noticed. I'm going to go look today but I am being so picky and particular about items I am buying these days that nothing is really making me want to hand over my credit card and bring it home with me. But I am going to go look at it today and get my curiosity about this bag out of my system. I'm still considering the ONTHEGO PM size in a neutral color but even something about that bag is holding me back.... I do think the over $3k price tag for both is making me pause and really think hard about it.
Totally agree with everything! I don’t want to fork over $3k of my hard earned money for something I’m less than thrilled with.

Reactions: mixlv
Hi Everyone!

I haven't seen any discussion of the new Trianon bag (basically an empreinte version of the discontinued Pallas). Has anyone seen this in person? What are your thoughts?
had several of old model pallas, one of my favorite was a full size Pallas monogram canvas with black leather, it was beautiful and can be used for business too. compare to the current leather version, I would still pick the older model if is still for sale.

Okay - I went and looked at the Trianon in both sizes and fell in love with the ivory one in PM size. I thought I was going to like the bicolor but the ivory one is GORGEOUS. Very understated and elegant and very useful. The larger MM size is slouchy and not as attractive in my opinion. It already does have structure loss and the sales associate said that it looks more like a travel bag. I came really close to buying the ivory pm size but I wanted to sleep on it. I'm REALLY trying to make better purchasing decisions so I want to give myself some time to think on it. But I LOVE the bag in this creamy ivory color. It easily held all of my essentials and more. I was carrying my Montaigne bb in empriente noir today so it allowed me to really compare the two bags.

IMG_6903.PNG

IMG_6882.jpg

IMG_6883.jpg

Okay - I went and looked at the Trianon in both sizes and fell in love with the ivory one in PM size. I thought I was going to like the bicolor but the ivory one is GORGEOUS. Very understated and elegant and very useful. The larger MM size is slouchy and not as attractive in my opinion. It already does have structure loss and the sales associate said that it looks more like a travel bag. I came really close to buying the ivory pm size but I wanted to sleep on it. I'm REALLY trying to make better purchasing decisions so I want to give myself some time to think on it. But I LOVE the bag in this creamy ivory color. It easily held all of my essentials and more. I was carrying my Montaigne bb in empriente noir today so it allowed me to really compare the two bags.

View attachment 5767393

View attachment 5767394

View attachment 5767395
Thank you for sharing your pics. The Ivory looks lovely on you. It looks a really good size to fit the essentials including sunglasses whilst not being bulky. I like that it has a zip closure, hand carry and shoulder straps. I think that you made a good decision to sleep on it though. You can always return to purchase if you are still drawn to it.
I hope this bag comes to the UK.

View attachment 5767393

View attachment 5767394

View attachment 5767395
Thank you SO much for sharing your thoughts and posting these pics, really helpful! I’m very tempted to get the black in the PM size (I don’t trust myself with cream bags, as gorgeous as they are!). I am excited to go try this on soon. Nice to see that the PM holds to shape a bit better too.

The bag looks great on you! Can I ask—did the bag fit the same amount as your Montaigne?