new TPFer - advice please

Poppy bagfan

aka Poppy Dogfan
O.G.
May 31, 2008
Hello!
I have been lurking on here for a few days trying to get to know you ladies and lusting after your gorgeous bags.....

I started my mulberry family May 08 with the jody shoulder 2 in 1 bag in black...still love it.

now got a jody shopper for work (fabulously roomy) and expecting a pre loved black Elgin any day.....

have a much pre loved tan Bays-a-like (the jasper Conran version) and wanted to pose this Q.....what next?

I am loving the Roxanne A4 tote and the Somerset tote both in choc or should i get the Straw tan Roxanne tote???

I know at some point i will invest in an oak Bays proper......

I love bags that are big enough for all my stuff and that i can use for work or dress down with jeans....neutrals preferred at the moment

Birthday coming up in a few months.....and eye on Ebay....

Advice will be very gratefully received.....

Thanks!

thanks Piglet! I am soooo tempted.....even tho i have just bought an Elgin on Ebay :smile:and it has not even been delivered yet....it is such a relief to find other Mulberry mad people on here!

Welcome! I bought my black A4 Roxy tote in the sale, I'd lusted after her for a year and had told DH to start saving for it for my 40th in 3 years time. How chuffed was I when she turned up at Fenwicks at half price... I've used her every day since she moved in and I adore her to the point where when I put my stuff into one of my other bags to go out, I just can't do it and end up going back to Roxy. If this goes on I shall have an unused and very jealous Mulberry collection...
So, er, I think you know what I'm going to advise!
Having said that, won't your gorgeous Elgin fulfill your tote needs? Not that you can have too many..... :biggrin:

I am like that about Jody no 1 - she just gets better and I was such a fickle bag lover before, never happy....but i was thinking that maybe the Elgin would satsify that tote need too.....but i am so in lust with the idea of something chocolate....(and i am a black fan thru and thru!)

Am even thinking of dragging 9 year old daughter to Shepton for an overnighter....!

Is this Mulberry madness?
icon11.gif

^^ Welcome! And no it's Mulberry normalness here with us. :amuse:
I'm biased but why not just go straight to Choc Bays, rather than beating around the bush?? You have other needs fulfilled - and Bays will exactly what you are after from my point of view (very biased & narrow though, lol).
Good luck :woohoo:

Arghhhh!! Now it is even harder!

But am v releived.....dreaming about mulberry bags in the middle of the night!....so good to hear there are others out there!

Many thanks!

Poppy- you are not alone- we are all mulberrymad on here!!! I reckon you should go for a somerset tote in choc. It's a different shape and lighter to carry than the Elgin. I think roxanne tote and Elgin would have a similar function. Somerset tote is easier to find things in as it is less deep.
Bays will be around for seasons to come so you can save up for your fave colour!

My advice is to run away fast from the forum because once the bug takes hold....:nuts:

if you have 3 Mulberry now you'll have 10 by December

Run Run Run while you still can !!!!!!!!!!

Lol Mamab!!

Welcome Poppy, great collection so far!

I'm inclined to agree with Jo - Elgin and Roxanne tote will serve similar functions I think (although the Rox tote is a gorgous bag), so I like the idea of Somerset tote, followed by oak Bays when you can :biggrin:

Hi and welcome to the forum (although your bank account probably won't be very happy about it!!!!)

If you truly love the Bays then I would say hold out and get a Bays rather than a Tote because, like the others, I think the Elgin will serve this purpose.

The other thing to think about is whether you want your bag to be a Shoulder bag because I think the Somerset Tote has shorter handles than the Roxy A4. I have a Lipstick Antique Leather A4 and it fits nicely on my shoulder but I'm not sure about a Somerset one.

The other piece of advice would be to make sure that you get all eBay purchases checked out on the Authenticate This thread before you purchase to protect you from those evil fakers!

Ladies, thank you so much for all your advice.....choco is definitely the next choice - i can see from previous threads that you all love your chocos.....I tend to agree that maybe the Elgin and the Roxanne a4 will be too alike but the more i see of the roxanne, the more i love her.....but somerset by November may well be a good and different choice. I think the Bays will be a 2010 target!

Ali bagpuss - thanks for the advice re authetication - I have looked at the fake threads and authenticate threads and seen how useful this is. Will def follow that.

And i suspect Mama is abs right - but Mama, i fear it is too late.......argh!

Hoping my Elgin arrives today.....