New Toy - Sonic Touch Remover

NancyG

O.G.
Apr 17, 2011
For me, the only downside of SOGs is the removal - mine never seem to come off as effortlessly as in the videos unless I soak in acetone. Then I'm left with super dry cuticles and nails. I'd seen these Sonic Removers in a few salons and in Sally's but the cost ($169+) scared me off. So, my local Sally's had a clearance and it was marked down to $99. With my 15% coupon and Sally's card, it came to just under $85 w/tax.

I tried it for the first time last night, using Expert Touch instead of pure acetone, since I thought it would be gentler. Put in about a cup/8oz, plugged it in, turned it on and waited five minutes while I broke the seal on my Gelish. Plunked my hand in, the remover was warm and the sonic waves kind of massaging/tickling. Seven minutes in, the Gelish was floating in bits on the surface and the rest pushed off easily. One of the easiest and most thorough removals I've done. I'm going to keep using it and see if it has any impact on my nails or cuticles, but so far, so good. I might try it with acetone and see if that changes anything.

For a salon, this is a miracle device as it speeds up removals, but for a DIYer, it's a splurge. I'd never have done it at $169. At $85, I figured what-the heck.

For me, the only downside of SOGs is the removal - mine never seem to come off as effortlessly as in the videos unless I soak in acetone. Then I'm left with super dry cuticles and nails. I'd seen these Sonic Removers in a few salons and in Sally's but the cost ($169+) scared me off. So, my local Sally's had a clearance and it was marked down to $99. With my 15% coupon and Sally's card, it came to just under $85 w/tax.

I tried it for the first time last night, using Expert Touch instead of pure acetone, since I thought it would be gentler. Put in about a cup/8oz, plugged it in, turned it on and waited five minutes while I broke the seal on my Gelish. Plunked my hand in, the remover was warm and the sonic waves kind of massaging/tickling. Seven minutes in, the Gelish was floating in bits on the surface and the rest pushed off easily. One of the easiest and most thorough removals I've done. I'm going to keep using it and see if it has any impact on my nails or cuticles, but so far, so good. I might try it with acetone and see if that changes anything.

For a salon, this is a miracle device as it speeds up removals, but for a DIYer, it's a splurge. I'd never have done it at $169. At $85, I figured what-the heck.

Sounds like a dream:nuts:
keep us posted of the condition of your nails will you? I love sogs but would like a gentler removal then acetone.
I´d love to see a pic if you can