New tote?????

dazzlegirl03

Jan 18, 2012
The best tote for a mom of a 4 year old, an everyday bag, but not to big it is hard to carry and handle a toddler. I have a speedy and it is hard for me to carry that all the time and have one hand unavailable. I also have a cross body, I like it but I want a tote to add to my collection... I always say after I get this next bag, I will be happy for a really long time, but the next week I am trying to buy another one! I am CRAZY LOL!

Go for the Neverfull ! I have a mono one and I love it ! Got an ebene one and the straps were hard and stiff and the bag ended up ripping after I used it for a few times . So I'd recommend the mono .

Thank You so much.. I think I am going for the mono MM.. The GM looks like it would be to big for me, and I just would not feel right carrying it. I still feel kind of weird when I carry my speedy or crossbody, because these bags are a luxury bag and cost a pretty penny. My husband is a high school teacher with his Masters degree and I stay at home with our son. So I guess we are just normal middle class americans. Most people think of LV and other luxury brand bags being a rich person thing, but I feel as if, you work hard and pay your bills and are not getting any kind of assistance why does it matter how much a bag costs if you save and plan right, anyone can afford an LV bag, if they really want to.

I would not recommend the Neverfull. Its lack of zipper and big opening make it prone to contents falling out and spilling all over once you set it on the floor. You can't carry it on your shoulder and bend down to help your little one without worrying that things will fall out. If you are looking for a tote I would suggest the Totally or look for the Luco on the pre-loved market. If you are looking at a crossbody and you like the mono print, check out the Odeon in either MM GM. it's a wonderful bag that's flat so it won't stick out from your body, has a top zipper, is light weight and roomy enough to hold all your toddler's essentials as well as yours!

you are not crazy! lol. based on what you already have, you clearly do have a hole in your collection, and a tote is a must-have for a busy mom like yourself.

i think the neverfull is great, and the mm is plenty big. i would not recommend the delightful (any size) as a "mom" bag because of its single strap. don't get me wrong, i love my delightful pm, but it's definitely more convenient to have double straps when you're out and about with the kids. if you need additional security for an open tote, you can always get a purse organizer.

for more security (i.e., zipper), it seems the totally is a popular choice. also, i just saw this pic of emily maynard (bachelorette) with her daughter carrying (what i am guessing) is a cabas of some sort? sorry, i am not very familiar with this bag, but it looks sleek, simple, and functional for those who may not like the outside pockets of the totally, but still want a zippered tote.

Attachments

• emily_maynard.jpg
    emily_maynard.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 3,198
The Totally is a great classic tote. It holds a lot and the handles are SO comfortable. I love my Totally when I'm out with my little ones. Holds my stuff and theirs.

you are not crazy! lol. based on what you already have, you clearly do have a hole in your collection, and a tote is a must-have for a busy mom like yourself.

i think the neverfull is great, and the mm is plenty big. i would not recommend the delightful (any size) as a "mom" bag because of its single strap. don't get me wrong, i love my delightful pm, but it's definitely more convenient to have double straps when you're out and about with the kids. if you need additional security for an open tote, you can always get a purse organizer.

for more security (i.e., zipper), it seems the totally is a popular choice. also, i just saw this pic of emily maynard (bachelorette) with her daughter carrying (what i am guessing) is a cabas of some sort? sorry, i am not very familiar with this bag, but it looks sleek, simple, and functional for those who may not like the outside pockets of the totally, but still want a zippered tote.

Aww I dont see the image.. I would love to see the link maybe!

The Totally makes a wonderful tote bag and has a secure zip top closure. There are outside pockets for easy accessible items like things for your toddler.

I love the open tote of a NF. It's easy to pack alot in the NF, and the fact that there is no zipper, it's easy to get the baby wipes out easily. Also it hangs well on strollers. When you are done using it as a mom bag, you can definitely use it as a travel bag. Good luck!