New Totally vs. Old Totally

pursesilly

Jul 19, 2011
I've been wanting a Totally MM for a while, but I've held back because I have too much Monogram, and I wanted to add another Damier Ebene bag to my collection. I'm just not an Azur person at all.

Now the Totally is available in Ebene! Yay!!! But....I've heard from some that the Totally has had a slight remodel, especially in the width and thickness of the straps.

So...my conundrum is this: Should I find a pre-loved "old style" monogram Totally MM with the thicker, wider straps, or get the "new style" Totally MM in the Ebene that I love. I wish I could see both bags together, but I don't know how that is possible.

I'm accepting all advice. Thanks so much

I'd go with the new Ebene. I tried it on in store and found the straps comfortable and WOW it's beautiful in DE. Plus, there's no worry with new vachetta. Go with what you love!

I've been wanting a totally for a while too. I've been curious about the redesign or remodel. What changes have been made? It looks pretty much the same to me. As far as your question I would go for the Ebene it's gorgeous! I just saw it the other day and if I didn't have so many Damier bags it would have been mine.

I just bought the new model Totally MM in monogram. I liked the ebene but the monogram really spoke to me.... And besides, I have Neverfull mm ebene so I felt they were too similar. The redesigned Totally has square hardware connecting the straps to the bag, this way it doesn't slide around like the previous oval shaped rings. The straps are also located higher up on the bag (closer to the zipper) so the top doesn't fold over or concave when u put a lot of stuff in it. I say, get the new model.

I've been wanting a Totally MM for a while, but I've held back because I have too much Monogram, and I wanted to add another Damier Ebene bag to my collection. I'm just not an Azur person at all.

Now the Totally is available in Ebene! Yay!!! But....I've heard from some that the Totally has had a slight remodel, especially in the width and thickness of the straps.

So...my conundrum is this: Should I find a pre-loved "old style" monogram Totally MM with the thicker, wider straps, or get the "new style" Totally MM in the Ebene that I love. I wish I could see both bags together, but I don't know how that is possible.

The new one in DE. The changes aren't that extreme. and you said it yourself "Now the Totally is available in Ebene! Yay!!!" xxx

I've been wanting a totally for a while too. I've been curious about the redesign or remodel. What changes have been made? It looks pretty much the same to me. As far as your question I would go for the Ebene it's gorgeous! I just saw it the other day and if I didn't have so many Damier bags it would have been mine.

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/damier-ebene-totally-new-model-859964.html

OP, here's a side-by-side video comparison of Totally MM old model in monogram with the new model in DE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7OiC14dnQQ.
A few stores still have the old model monogram in stock if you'd prefer to buy from the boutique; call Client Services and ask them to search for you. I saw a Totally old model monogram not long ago, but can't recall if it was PM or MM.

Good luck to both of you with your decisions! I love the Totally and highly recommend it. Also search the forums and YouTube for more posts discussing the new model vs. previous model, and people's thoughts on the changes.