New to YSL, I have an eBay question for all you experts!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone,

I recently bought a white patent Tribute from YSL.com. I returned it because it came to me damaged, but that's kind of beside the point. Anyway, I sent it back for a refund and couldn't find another bag I really liked on their site (or one that was really in my price range).

I decided to check out ebay. I'm a frequent buyer and seller, so I figured it was okay to look there.

I found a small easy tote in the gorgeous Volcano leather and compared it with all the reference photos I could find and it looked good to me. The seller had 100% feedback, but it was mostly as a buyer. Because this bag was such a good deal, I hit Buy It Now figuring if it was a fake, I could always get my money back from PayPal.

I immediately paid through PayPal and also emailed the seller through ebay asking for tracking info when she ships. It's been two days since winning and I haven't heard anything from the seller. I am kind of getting scared. She has listed more items since I won my bag, so I know she's checked her email/ebay.

Should I email her again? I don't want to sound pesky or anything.

Also, is YSL faked very much? I'm concerned that this bag is a fake, but I don't know if the knockoff artists would easily be able to knock off a bag that's not a very old model, and has a very distinct leather finish.

Thanks so much for all your help!

2. You should've had the bag authenticated before purchasing it. TPF has a YSL subforum. I would ask the ladies there about the bag.

3. ^Try posting the like in the Authenticate This: YSL thread (sorry I don't know how to post a link) and let them have a look at the bag. This way, you can put your worries about it being a fake to rest.

Re: not hearing back from the seller, I wouldn't worry about it yet. The seller needs to ship the bag to you within 7 days of you paying her. Some sellers are simply not great about communicating with their buyers. I know it's frustrating, but it kind of comes with the territory when shopping on *bay. Some sellers also only ship once or twice per week, so that might be the hold-up. In a nutshell, be patient. Hopefully, you'll bet that PayP notification that your new bag is on it's way to you in no time!