New to VCA, Questions

julia.pa

Nov 15, 2017
I'm new to Van Cleef and don't have a boutique in my country so I can't just go in and ask.. I've seen a lot of photos online of their Alhambra bracelets and online it says they're 18cm in length and there is no option for other sizes like for example Cartier has.

So my question is, can I get it altered directly at VCA? I've seen pictures of Alhambra bracelets with 4 links in between the clovers and sometimes people only have 3 links in between theirs. 18cm is way too big for my tiny wrists, they're just a little over 15cm... so if I end up wanting to purchase one in store, can they send it in or something to get a few links removed? If so, is it a free service of them?

I don't want to waste an entire day driving to a different country for the nearest VCA boutique and then have them tell me they don't do that.

Hi Julia!
I know they do the links adjustment service for free if it was within the first few months, but they might not do it in the same day unless they've got nothing to do :biggrin: when my sister wanted her bracelets shortened they did it in the same day because they were available and it was not busy day for them but I don't know how it'll be at your destination boutique. As for if they ship it to you, I know they do! But you might need to call the boutique and ask them or email them for more information so you won't be driving for nothing! Share photos when you can! :smile:

Reactions: julia.pa and hhw
There are two ways to reduce the bracelet. First - remove three links in the chain between the first and second motive and the fourth and fifth. The second - as the previous plus three links are removed between the second and third. The motives are never removed, at least by the official service.
My wrists r 15 cm too, I shorten all my bracelets the first way, its enough.

Reactions: julia.pa and ayshaa
They will customize the fit of the bracelet for you for free.. but why don't you call the boutique you are planning to drive to first and ask them if they can do it for you same day. I shop at a VCA inside a department store and they send the bracelet out to be adjusted so it takes about a week or 2. In your case, maybe they can send it to you if they can't do it same day. Either way, I'd ask them so there are no surprises after you drive a day...

Reactions: julia.pa
I would only remove one link between the motifs, so 4 links (which is actually 4 double links). If you do more than 4, you wouldn't have the same spacing between the motifs.

Reactions: LuckyMe14